Macoroni and 'Mater Juice

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by carter county cuckler, Mar 8, 2010.

1. carter county cuckler

carter county cuckler 10 pointer

Nov 25, 2009
    Hitchins,Ky
    I do alot of traveling with the pipeline and here is another Kentucky country style meal you wont find on the road.You cant have it without fried taters and cornbread.
    [​IMG]

2. 7mmx2

7mmx2 12 pointer

Nov 8, 2007
    KY
    Lookn good triple C

3. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    That is a darn good look'n meal, it begs for a pork chop, and a big slice of onion! Glad to see you finally got the ketchup on them taters!:)

4. HUNTZVT

HUNTZVT 12 pointer

Man, I love Macroni and 'Maters. My mother-in-law looked at me like I was a damned fool when I mentioned it was one of my favorite foods. She'd never heard of it.

5. gatorgrowl

gatorgrowl Spike

Nov 6, 2008
    Orlando Fl
    For this old flatlander....please 'splain how you fix macaroni and 'mater juice..Looks like I would love it.
    Thanks,
    ggrowl

6. Dead Deer Walking

Dead Deer Walking 6 pointer

Jan 2, 2006
    20 feet up
    Basically just cook the macaroni, drain, add tomato juice and/or canned tomatoes, return to stove and simmer. Nothing better with it than corn bread, a pork chop or fried chicken. I like a side of greens too. Good God, I'm hungry now....Gonna fry some taters and make some for myself.

7. HUNTZVT

HUNTZVT 12 pointer

It's best with home canned tomatoes or tomato juice, but if you don't have home canned stuff, Sam's Choice tomato juice is about the closest I've found to the real thing.

8. carter county cuckler

carter county cuckler 10 pointer

Nov 25, 2009
    Hitchins,Ky
    I agree with what everybody is saying.It is awesome with pork chops or fried chicken but I was craving it without the meat that night.You can probably tell by the size of my plate I wouldnt have been able to eat nothing else with it,I was definately struggling on cleaning my plate:D

9. jeffb

jeffb 8 pointer

Oct 27, 2006
    hancock county
    We always add a few finely diced onions and bell peppers along with a little salt, pepper, and sugar. We also use canned maters and not just the juice. one of my favorite meals grandma made was macaroni and maters, great northern beans, and homemade sweet relish. Some fresh caught bluegill or crappie fillets go good with it also.

10. CHL

CHL 10 pointer

Jul 14, 2008
    Central KY
    Looks like I walked into my Grandmother's house......great!