Love me some Mulberry trees

RRK

Fawn
Feb 7, 2021
KY
Killed a limit this morning coming to a Mulberry tree.
IMG_5970.JPG

RRK

Fawn
Feb 7, 2021
KY
Very nice! So I take it you're not a fan of eating the brains? ;)
I love eggs and brains, normally when they are cutting hickories in the August and the leaves is on I use a 20ga.
When I was young Momma would threaten me with a whooping (lol) if I shot one in the head, she was old Between the Rivers girl and loved squirrel brains.

barney

12 pointer
Oct 11, 2005
I got one in my yard that is decent size and is a big producer, it's bent over with berries....another one I planted about 3 years ago as a small sprig...it's now around 10ft tall and has a decent small crop. It made just a handful last year at 2 years old....I love a mulberry tree. Rifles and squirrels go together;)

View attachment 100894 View attachment 100895 View attachment 100896 View attachment 100897
Impressive fruit load on that tree! My mother has a big ol tree that bears heavy crops just like that. The Amish saw it a few years back and now come several times a summer to get the berries.

aaronc

12 pointer
Jul 21, 2009
Leitchfield
Impressive fruit load on that tree! My mother has a big ol tree that bears heavy crops just like that. The Amish saw it a few years back and now come several times a summer to get the berries.

I should have some ripe ones probably tomorrow,..next day at the latest. I tried a couple today but not quite there...you can pretty much tell by how much pull it takes to gettem off the tree. Me and the kiddo share with the birds,....I likem for a yard snack.

Latest posts