lost wallet

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by 00noturkey, Jan 11, 2021.

1. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    i didn't know i lost my wallet, till i was at the Kroger, and paying for a couple of items. the last place i payed for anything was at the Dollar store in Mt. Washington. i was wearing my old hunting thermal suit. has a slit on both sides to reach your jean pockets, and when i missed the pocket in my jeans, i musta fell it fall out.
    Lucky, i am some times. Guess it makes up for the times that i'm not.
    a lady at found my wallet, left her phone number. and it was about 7 miles or not, from the Dollar store, she didn't want to leave my wallet at the dollar store.
    anyway, she lived just past Bullet East, on 44. off of Winning Colors rd.
    now for the weird part. years ago was an all girl band named Winning Colors. i used to run with one of the girls. i still got a picture of them, the band, at Churchill Downs, in the infield, doing publicity shots.
    anywho, i tried to give the lady some money to her, or money to donate to a church, she wouldn't have any part of it.
    SO, there are plenty of good people out there. dont lose the Faith.
    PS, my wallet was as it was before i lost it...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    Drahts, bearleft, jblack1 and 17 others like this.
  2. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
  3. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    That’s a great story and makes me feel better.

4. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Still a lot of good folks out there! There just mostly depressed now, after November and all. Seriously though, glad you got it back.

00noturkey and woodsman92 like this.
  5. Timholt70

Timholt70 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2019
    Christian county
    I always like a happy ending.you got blessed.

6. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 10 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    Lucky!!!! Man it's a sinking feeling when you realize it's not there, you should buy a power Ball ticket.

00noturkey likes this.
  7. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
  8. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nov 14, 2005
    VP OF ADMIN Development
    She didn't steal those tiny little rubbers out of it did she?

barney, 00noturkey, Feedman and 3 others like this.
  9. slobear

slobear 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Trump town, USA
    Man I hope pissin on parades is seditious behavior soon. Look at them creeping in already!

10. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky

Great story. 8 to 5 she's not a Democrat! :p

11. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    i am thinking about it....

12. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    Quit it!!! makes it hard to see, from the tears, or drink beer, when im LMAO. you hurt me right in the funny bone!!

barney likes this.
  13. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    That happened to me at a pizza place a few years ago. The manager called me and told me one of their girls found it and turned it in. When I went to get it, I asked the manger which girl it was and gave her everything I had in bills.....It was only about 26 bucks, but she seemed really happy to get it....they didn't make much. At first she didn't want anything, but I insisted.

00noturkey, JR in KY and bowhunter269 like this.
  14. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Lost my wallet once and was left a note how to make contact in order to retreive it. I had immediately noticed and cancelled my cards, had a few hundred cash inside of it, when on my way to the surf. The individual stated that I could retreive it at a movie theater, over in the city where the Zimmerman/Martin incident took place, even though it was not lost there. They claimed to be an employee. I contacted their police department, making arrangements with them to stake the place out, just prior to my arrival and contacted the manager as soon as I pulled into the parking lot. My wallet was there and nothing was missing, other than the cash. The officers had previously explained that all was likely a scam for buying time, in the hopes that I would not cancel my cards. Bad habit of putting it on my jeep bumper when fueling and driving off. Many times been flagged while driving, people alerting me, lol.