Lost My Hunting Place

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by ky.longbeard, Mar 27, 2020.

1. ky.longbeard

ky.longbeard 10 pointer

May 15, 2010
    With sadness in my heart I have to say it was was one of the best places I have ever had . The grandson is really torn up about it,he was just now starting to get into hunting. Now I have to scramble to try and find him a place for youth season. If you love to hunt save your nickels and dimes and try and buy you a place....because before long unless you have money you probably won't get to hunt !

2. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Mt Washington
    Where you at?

Meatstick likes this.
  3. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

Dang man, sorry to hear that. We have lost several over the years ourselves. You will figure it out and have a new spot to go hopefully soon!

4. ky.longbeard

ky.longbeard 10 pointer

May 15, 2010
    Muhlenberg Co.

5. woodsman92

woodsman92 6 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    Luckily when I was a kid and growing up I had a few really good places to go and got me hooked into it. Since then landowners died, land was sold, or most recently one of my places was logged so hard there’s not a roosting tree left. This year looks like I’m going to be on public land battling it out with other hunters. I keep my eye out for a good small piece of land to attempt to buy, my price range is just to low.
    Really hope you can find a spot for him to go. Asking around for permission to take a youth hunter may open some doors for you that were closed before. Good luck!

6. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Man that sucks. Sorry bud

7. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I hunt East of Glasgow. I'm taking a kid next weekend, but have options if you want to make the drive to Bowling Green and follow me.....

8. savagehunter

savagehunter Spike

May 28, 2019
    glasgow ky
    i'am in the same boat with u the man I hunted on passed a way in dec. been hunting their far 5 years now hi kids have it so i'am having to hunt for a place . I found a small farm to hunt this it's about 15 ac. all the turkeys are on a man that won't let any one hunt so i'am going to set up on the line and see if I can call them over to me it sucks to try in fine a place to hunt you hae to start all oer again bet alease I found a place it beats seating at home and not getting to go at all I hunt in barren county ...

9. Shelby21

Shelby21 6 pointer

Mar 21, 2019
    Louisville
    Knock some doors I tell yea times have changed but if you knock 20 doors especially with a youth you have a real chance I bet.

I’ve got a young daughter and I hate 2 admit this but she’s the golden key when I knock on doors she softens them up big time lol

woodsman92 and 1wildcatfan like this.
  10. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Hate to hear that. It’s coming to me one day on a farm I hunt. They getting old. I’m only one he gave permission to hunt it for years and years. Well occasionally my brother but he don’t turkey hunt. But luckily I own my own land to so I’m in good shape.
    Good luck to you this spring. Hope u find something quick.