Looks like Mitch is back in!

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by RLWEBB, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    I listened to it as well, and I agree with you. He was very well mannered and well spoken. He made a good showing at the press conference. Until the end, where he said in a week he WILL be the majority leader. That sounded a little boastful and arrogant.

At this point, I am kind of routing for a republican house, senate, and president in 2016, just to see if they can make the changes to turn the country back around like they boast that they can. I'm skeptical to say the least.

2. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    I don't think the voters will give that much power to one party ever again. This country is split down the middle and the best either side can hope for is a very slight and very temporary advantage. They have got to learn to work across the aisle again.

3. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Even if they had a super majority, no one in the GOP has the gonads to actually make the changes neccessary to make this country viable for the next 100 years.

4. richief

richief 10 pointer

Jun 20, 2012
    down a holler SE KY
    I don't know if they will be able to reverse half of the big gov BO has created. The Fed.gov needs to be put on a starvation diet for the next 10 yrs., and the states governing according to Demographics, rather than straining for the gov teat, in lieu of compromise. Like was said earlier, the less that comes out of DC the better off all states will be.

5. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Nothing will happen over night like some people want but things WILL happen.

First off the bills passed in the House WILL get to the senate to be debated and voted on like they are suppose to, unlike the 360 bills Harry Reid stopped and kept out of the Senate.

Another thing is I hope the Republicans keep the rule the Democrats made to keep the Republicans from filibustering any bill in the senate. The rule change allowed a simple 51% of the vote to pass everything. The Democrats made that rule and now they will try to change it back before they leave in Jan.

6. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    What will happen there is you will have some states who will relish the independence, thrive with the freedom, and become better places to live. But then you will have states like California, Illinois, and maybe New York who can't be trusted to behave and unfortunately sure to their size, drag down any notion of small government.

That is kind of how I see that paying out. Similar to how responsible people can get along just fine with little to no "help" from the fed gov. While others have to have someone to feed and clothe them.

7. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    http://scopevoterapp.org/ny-safe-act-part-2/

8. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
  9. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Do you really thing that is "unique to the GOP"??

10. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    No I don't. I just keep hearing about how Mitch is going to somehow take the reins and everything is going to change for the better. It's not going to happen with our current two party system.

They might dabble at the fringes of things like Obammacare, immigration, and things like Welfare and such, but nothing real or sustaining will come out of the next two years. The entire GOP focus for the next 24 months will be to not screw up too much so that they can retain control of Congress, and hopefully put an R in the Whitehouse.

That's not governing, and it sure isn't leading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    If anybody listened to the President yesterday it looks like he's not going to give a damn about Congress and will still try to do everything on his own and the heck with the Constitution and the American voters. He sounds like he will go way to far this time. There is going to be a fight.

12. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Iceman- pretty much what I said days ago actually

Sound familiar?

http://www.kentuckyhunting.net/forums/showthread.php?142696-Conservatives-promise-GOP-will-change-when-they-take-Senate&p=2037502635#post2037502635

Post #43

13. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    To be honest, I can't keep track of everyone's comments from one thread to the next. We're probably on the same page, or close to it.

I find it humorous that most working people with an intellect somewhere north of a box of hammers can see what's going to happen, yet our elected "leaders" cant seem to do anything but play the same hand over and over an wonder why they never win te pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. carter county cuckler

carter county cuckler 10 pointer

Nov 25, 2009
    Hitchins,Ky
    You ain't a kidding. Kentucky is one of the poorest, uneducated and highest unemployed states in the Nation and we keep voting him in ??? Isn't 30 years enough of nothing?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  15. Kentucky is one of the poorest, uneducated and highest unemployed states in the Nation and we keep voting in and giving control of our STATE congress to the Democratic Party??? Fixed your error.