Looks like Mitch is back in!

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by RLWEBB, Nov 4, 2014.

1. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    It is far too early for Me to care about the next election, right now I'm focused on what the GOP will (or will not) do with control of Congress.

2. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Henry County
    I don't think there will be any new gun control talk on the federal level for the next 2 yrs. Other than that, not much will change.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

3. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Well, O's "phone and a pen" have been castrated, he'll have to find another attempt at Surgeon General, Ole Harry won't be able to block every bill the House sends to the Senate he didn't like and let's never forget the SCOTUS appointments that "may happen " in the next couple of years, National Gun control has been a losing issue since the last AWB cost so many jobs IMO- the last attempt failed on grand levels, and seems to show even the hard core gun grabbers some reality-

I wonder IF they'll rush Holder's replacement before Jan now?

4. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    Interesting that when democrats win, it's a "mandate", but when republicans win, it's an "opportunity to work together".

I don't want them to "work together". I want them to be as obstructionist where the dems are concerned as possible. The less that comes out of Washington, the better off we all are.

5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    What recourse do the reublicans have to stop executive orders?

6. The purse strings my friend.

7. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    They did that with the sequester correct?

8. Well, they better do something or it will just reverse in '16. The message was sent last night and there are several Republican incumbents up in '16. The message could be sent again.

9. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Oh I agree, I just don't think they have the stomach to
    do what's best for the country. The republicans have removed the impeachment option. If Barry paints the republicans as obstructionists, he might assume greater executive privilege. If they don't impeach him, they can't stop him.

10. mrdux

mrdux Guest

I think the senate will rush as many bills as they can to Maobama's desk and dare him to veto them. If he drags out his pen and phone, they need to cut him off at the knees. The American public has spoken and told both side the 2 big issues are economy and immigration. They didn't mean amnesty when they said immigration either.

I wish somebody would come up with another term for immigration control besides "comprehensive immigration reform". To the left that means amnesty, open borders, and welfare for 50 million of the invaders. To the right it means shut down the borders and then we can discuss the other things. To the public it means get the mooches out of here, close down our borders, and remake this a sovereign country. To the politicians on both sides it means lets see how many votes we can buy before they come for us with pitchforks and ropes. It is going to be up to us to hold their feet to the fire and make it happen. They sure won't do it without a shove in the back.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
  11. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    Best case scenario is that Boehner and McConnell get their heads together and make every effort to get some bi-partisan results with Obama, if he can pull a Clinton and be willing to move to the middle. If Obama bucks up and becomes the "President of NO!" then it won't help anybody. (Please don't anybody accuse the Dems of now "being on the wrong side of history." I hate that phrase.)

If McConnell and Boehner spend all their time beating Obama over the head with their majority, then the reversals will indeed happen in 2016. The American people have shown repeatedly over the years that they like divided government so one party doesn't run roughshod over the other.

12. sacmarata

sacmarata 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2014
    there
  13. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    Wonder how long we can keep McConnell in office? Could we dip him in formaldehyde and hang him up by wires to keep him in office until the rapture?

14. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    I just listened to several minutes of his presser on the radio. He sounded gentlemanly, cordial, at ease, not at all boastful or vindictive, very adept at answering the questions. He went out of his way to be complimentary of Obama and especially Harry Reid, with whom he said he had a very good relationship.

Id say you'll have to put up with Mitch for 6 more years for sure, maybe 12. And you won't even need the formaldehyde.

15. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Well my vote counted there anyway..I don't "her" representing me in Washington. I swear she had the eyes of a crazy chicken killing weasel..