Looks like Mitch is back in!

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by RLWEBB, Nov 4, 2014.

1. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    All the networks are calling the race for Mitch. Glad he won as I sure didn't want Grimes. I just hope that if the republicans get control of the senate, they will actually do something. I also hope we can get a better candidate to replace Mitch in 8 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. richief

richief 10 pointer

Jun 20, 2012
    down a holler SE KY
    Better Him than her. Good Job. Yeah be nice to have a candidate with conservative agenda, and balls.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  3. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
  4. mrdux

mrdux Guest

8 years? Better have a candidate ready in 5 years since the senate is 6 year terms.

One point we can all be thankful for if the gop does take over the senate; they will be able to block Maobama on his nominations for federal and supreme court judges. This one point should have been enough to sway our vote for Mitch. I held my nose and pulled a straight ticket. I just can't think of any scenario that would make me vote for a dem right now.

5. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Be careful what you wish for. Should the R's win the Senate, the ONLY thing that will be accomplished in the next two years is plenty of yelling, screaming and general s$&@ tossing by both sides.

Kind of like it is now. But hey, we got the lesser of the two evils, so we're good.

Anybody else think Mitch looked like a robot in his accept ion speech?

6. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Thanks Dux. Don't know what I was thinking typing 8.

7. mrdux

mrdux Guest

Just saw where MSNBC (even Al Sharpton) blasted Grimes for her petty concession speech. Talk about getting kicked when you are down. I love it!!!!

8. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    Got a link? All I saw was her thanking and praising her organization.

9. ril7572

ril7572 Cyber-Hunter

Jul 9, 2003
    Ky..
  10. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    With the domination of the GOP Nationwide- looks like O finally got "his mandate" (just not what he wanted)

11. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    Conway will run for and win McConnells seat in 2020.
    He's electable and the libs will put everything they have into it. Write it down.

12. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY

Hope that will not be the case, but I suspect you could be correct

13. mrdux

mrdux Guest

I'm calling BS on that one. A bunch of the Maobamacare crap has not kicked in yet. Once the voting public gets their belly full of that and illegal invaders, nobody is going to want dems for anything.

Dems have been trying to make every gop candidate out to be the next Nixon since the 70s. Maobama will be a 900 pound albatross around dem necks for generations. Write it down.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
  14. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    Grimes lost because she was a weak candidate in an Obama disaster. At the same time Mitch has been a juggernaught for 30 years.
    Mitch aint running again. Who can the GOP run for that seat? We got nobody in the pipe really...couple of strong congressman maybe...but the dems will throw everything they have at
    an open seat next time and it wont be with a weak lady Obamaphile. Conway is just building his game all this time. TO say KY will not have one Dem senator in the next 12 years is pretty
    aggressive, but I've written it down and we can discuss again in 2020.

15. mrdux

mrdux Guest

More than one poster here said the there was no way Conway would lose to Rand Paul 4 years ago. Somebody missed that one.

If Conservatives can get the likes of McCain and Carl Rove off the TV, we will have a young, energetic candidate step up. I had so much of Rove patting himself on the back last night it's a wonder I have a TV today. I hate that SOB as much as I hate Maobama.