Looking to find a hunting buddy

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Joseph, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Joseph

Joseph Fawn

Jul 10, 2016
    Lexington ky
    I'm stuck in Lexington and don't drive. I'd like to hunt small game or birds. I have an intrest in working with dogs but no knowledge. I've seen so many deer on the walls I don't think I can beat the record so I'm just happy being outdoors.

2. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    I recall you asking something similar last year around this time. Did you have any takers? What have you been up to since then? Been able to get out any at all?

3. Joseph

Joseph Fawn

Jul 10, 2016
    Lexington ky
    No I never went out . Maybe if I posted on Craigslist I've have a better chance lol. I mostly done some woodworking in my building. I might start buying taxidermy equipment and pluck the squirrels and groundhogs in my backyard. I may have said that too last year.

muddhunter likes this.
  4. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Wish you were closer. We'd take you rabbit hunting, and turkey hunting.

Capttrae and Bubbles like this.
  5. Lay-em-down

Lay-em-down Fawn

Jan 5, 2010
    Same boat here ! It sucks being stuck in the city without any friends / connections that hunt. I use to have a buddy I'd drive up to Union and hunt with but haven't in 3 or 4 years. I go to N.C. the last week of the year and hunt with family (but man that take forever to get here, and it's late season so it's tough sometimes).

6. Joseph

Joseph Fawn

Jul 10, 2016
    Lexington ky
    I don't know how easy it is to find someone to pay to hunt on there property. My old someplace is in Martin co about 2 1/2 hours . If you're a squirrel Hunter theres more greys than all the reds you see here. Plenty of turkeys and deer. I don't know how packed it gets here at the wma spots. Back home there's some old strip mine spots good for coyote,deer, bird. There's a wma spot southeast of Berea that looks pretty big on the map