Looking to detect our Kentucky history

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by kc4sox, Dec 27, 2019.

1. kc4sox

kc4sox 6 pointer

Nov 16, 2014
    London Kentucky
    I’m a long time metal detecting / history nut. I’m looking for places to search for relics from the past. I moved to Kentucky 3 years ago and I’m living in London. If any of you guys know of locations dating back to the 1800’s and early 1900’s in my area I’d be very grateful for that information. My wife and I are VERY respectful of the owners property and I doubt you’d be able to tell we’d been there. ( we carefully refill all holes and take out any and all trash we dig ). Please contact me at the email below if you would or know someone that would grant us permission to detect.

Looking for old homesites, churches, picnic grounds, campsites, and any and all ground with Civil War history.

Thanks in advance,

kc4sox@yahoo.com

2. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield

I've piddled with it for 6 or 8 years,....mainly hunting the same ol' house sites. It is it's own kinda fun for sure. I've never had much luck getting new permissions. Good luck with it.