Looking to buy climber

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by snakebite, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Have a Summit Viper for @20yrs. Best, most comfortable stand I've ever used. It's as comfy as a barcalounger in a tree! Bites tree very well, and once your set in the tree it ain't going anywhere. I've sat on the side rail to get leaned out to shoot a deer with no worries what so ever about it not being solid.

2. Michigander

Michigander 6 pointer

Dec 8, 2014
    Radcliff
  3. Snareman2

Snareman2 12 pointer

Feb 25, 2007
    I have a Margret special Tree Lounge with the archery platform, excellent stand, heavy and awkward, but have killed a lot of deer out of it. I also have two APIs that I like to use.

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  4. Velvet ears

Velvet ears 6 pointer

Nov 6, 2013
    West KY
    What's the difference between the 2?

5. Michigander

Michigander 6 pointer

Dec 8, 2014
    Radcliff
    easy of carry, the viper while light is not nearly as easy as the Explorer. Explorer lays flat. I love my viper and will still use it often. When a long walk (over 1 KM) I will use the explorer

6. DaveO

DaveO Spike

Dec 30, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Lone Wolf .....owned a viper and it was ok.

PUBLIC RAT likes this.
  7. CKYoutdoors

CKYoutdoors 6 pointer

Nov 30, 2011
    If you are still looking for one I have an X stand climber. Its comfortable and the teeth are sharp so it bites the tree really well. Not the easiest to hook around the tree but its solid and I would let it go for a good price and you probably cant tell it has been used