Looking for tent advise

Discussion in 'Camping' started by Clifford Reynolds, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Clifford Reynolds

Clifford Reynolds Fawn

Aug 8, 2017
    New York
    I am looking for a family tent that will serve dual purposes. I am really looking into canvas tents anyone from here- https://www.abc-of-rockclimbing.com/camping-tents/. I'd love to get a tent that we could put up and leave up for a long period of time and possibly use it as a moose hunting camp as well.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    thanks

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  2. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    I would find some government surplus tents, gp medium or temper tent the best,

3. bigredhunter

bigredhunter 6 pointer

Jan 30, 2012
    Boyle County
    YouTube is a great source for reviews and how to’s for wall tents. I have researched them a ton and would love to get one also. They would make a great deer camp and also double for family camping. I would make sure you have at least 1 window and a partial floor to keep dust down.

4. tnbrownfish

tnbrownfish Fawn

Apr 3, 2017
    East TN
    If you are hunting by yourself this tent would be hard to put up. But I bought a Military Extreme Cold Weather tent and it has a liner inside it and a hole for your stove (mine is 5"). It is for cold weather I camped and checked temperature on truck window and it was 12 degrees and I also have a nice winter sleeping bag too. Get you a wood stove(Cabela's stove that comes with the Mack o lack) and if you can find it burn oak brush trees they get hotter and last longer when heating your tent. My tent cost me $300 and after using it there is NO way I would buy a wall tent unless I had to carry it a long way. Buy you some tarps to pull around it if it leaks on you after you put sealer on it because mine leaked in a few places . I hope this has helped you if you have questions send me a message and Good Lord willing I will try my best to help you.
    In Christ
    DT in E TN

5. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Montana Canvas and Reliable Tent.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  6. screamin6x6

screamin6x6 BBBC Members

I have 4 canvas tents from WallTentShop.com . Great quality and a pretty good price.

7. 00noturkey

00noturkey 10 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    i thought it meant one site, instead of two. i kinda like the Antelope tent at Reliable Tent. almost enough room to work on my atv in foul weather.
    good thread.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020