Looking for a Lab pup

Pollcat

8 pointer
Mar 29, 2005
We are looking for a Lab pup. Would rather have a black male. Needs to be from proven parents as he will be a hunting dog. Any info would be great.

Rob DeHaven

10 pointer
Apr 19, 2006
on the road
My girl is 55 to 60 lbs. Not sure on the stud. I’m guessing in the 70s. Yes if things go well pups should be born in 4 to 5 and then the 8. My girl is a Master Hunter and a Hunting Retriever Champion. We have dabbled in field trials where she jammed a qualifying stake. All of this happened as a 2 year old. She is a beast when it comes to hunting. The stud is a National Amateur Field Champion and Field Champion. He’s the real deal. His name is Mully. My girl has only had one other litter and it was with another NAFC FC. I kept a female out of that litter and she’s the goods also. I trained 2 of the other pups as well. This is not just any old breeding and will be priced accordingly. If you are interested I can keep you in the loop but I’m holding off on deposits right now.

Pollcat

8 pointer
Mar 29, 2005
My girl is 55 to 60 lbs. Not sure on the stud. I’m guessing in the 70s. Yes if things go well pups should be born in 4 to 5 and then the 8. My girl is a Master Hunter and a Hunting Retriever Champion. We have dabbled in field trials where she jammed a qualifying stake. All of this happened as a 2 year old. She is a beast when it comes to hunting. The stud is a National Amateur Field Champion and Field Champion. He’s the real deal. His name is Mully. My girl has only had one other litter and it was with another NAFC FC. I kept a female out of that litter and she’s the goods also. I trained 2 of the other pups as well. This is not just any old breeding and will be priced accordingly. If you are interested I can keep you in the loop but I’m holding off on deposits right now.
Yes sir, do keep me in the loop. Thanks.

Pollcat

8 pointer
Mar 29, 2005
We finally settled on a lab pup. We are getting black female from dog trainer Chris Akin. I haven't seen my son this excited over anything in years.

Brsutton86

12 pointer
Sep 19, 2009
Harrodsburg, KY
How was she to train?

A little stubborn but to be honest it's the only dog I've trained. Her drive is what made her stubborn but I wouldn't say that's a bad thing. Probably wouldn't have had some of the little setbacks I did if a pro trainer would have worked with her. I was learning as I was going like her. Shes been a great dog. To this day shes always a step ahead at heel. Stopping on a whistle especially in water, not getting ahead at heel were 2 of the things I particularly remember I felt like took extra time.

thunderstorm

10 pointer
Dec 13, 2001
We finally settled on a lab pup. We are getting black female from dog trainer Chris Akin. I haven't seen my son this excited over anything in years.

I like female labs vs males. Also, had great results taking pups from litter at 49 days (7 wks).

Latest posts