Looking Advice on Farm Purchase

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Pirate, Jan 8, 2021.

1. redlickranch

redlickranch 8 pointer

Dec 11, 2007
    Bullitt County
    I hunted for years in Butler and Logan county and the deer were massive and plentiful. I now hunt in Metcalfe and Adair Counties and we don't see the deer we did on the Western part of the state. Antler mass is much less than what we saw in Butler and Logan. There is a lot more farm is the Western part of the state. WK Parkway is full of dead deer in the fall. We had huge issues with trespassing when we first purchased our land. I put out over 100 signs and put up some fencing. Over time I was able to run most folks out. My family finally moved to the farm and that helped a ton. If you look for farms in the spring and summer you may not see all your neighbors until hunting season. Our farm is joined by a lot other weekend only land owners. Do some research on realtors in the area. I found that folks like MO Properties were REAL Expensive vs a local realtor. Eastern part of the state tends to be rougher and not as much flat land.

Good Luck.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    Pirate likes this.
  2. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    What would 95 acres be worth at the end of a dead end road . Flat from main road to the farm. $2800 per acre ???
    May be for sale , have to wait a bit to see . Yes we own a interest in it.
    [​IMG]
    Back side looking up hill.
    [​IMG]
    Deer salt spot.
    [​IMG]

3. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    Without knowing anything other than what you posted Bonner, I'd say yes ........ this is based on me always looking at land/farms over the last several years. Nearly impossible to find anything decent in my area for under $3000/acre. Would depend on your location of course.

bigbonner likes this.
  4. Strut 'N' Buck

Strut 'N' Buck 8 pointer

Apr 16, 2011
    Shepherdsville, KY
    Location? How many acres timber? How many tillable?

5. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Sent a PM