Look what I found

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by Xi Bowhunter, Jul 6, 2009.

1. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    Glad I didnt find them Matt. Would have had a yote pup down here with me.
    Can't kill stuff like that at the young stage...Cool pics.

2. muzzy125acc

muzzy125acc 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2002
    PULASKI CO..
    Two bullets enough said..............

3. Colorado_Hunter

Colorado_Hunter 10 pointer

Nov 30, 2007
    Radcliff, Kentucky
    So you would have let one walk? Or took it for a pet? :D

4. bowhunter08

bowhunter08 10 pointer

Dec 29, 2007
    Paris, Ky
    I think that there would be a few less yotes in the world those cute little ones turn into big yotes.

5. Blevins Gap Outdoors

Blevins Gap Outdoors 12 pointer

Nov 9, 2002
    Louisville, KY
    They might be little now, but this fall they will be killing your game. The only good coyote is a dead coyote.

6. itallushrt

itallushrt Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    Getting a blumpkin
    me either. I would have boot stomped them instead. Ammo is getting hard to come by nowadays!

7. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven

8. im1cardfan

im1cardfan 6 pointer

Sep 7, 2007
    grayson co.
    me and bgo have the same mindset, me and my bm varminter took two 15 or 20 lb pups yesterday. a yote is a yote

9. EKY.MTN.HUNTER

EKY.MTN.HUNTER 12 pointer

Jul 19, 2006
    Las Montanas
    We were riding horses once and the dogs brought a live yote pup back to us. I was 7 years old and admiring this little yote pup as one of the men I was with layed it on the ground, out of nowhere he stomps the things head in right infront of me without warning. I thought that was a little much, I wouldnt be able to kill those pups either.

10. mccaw69

mccaw69 Fawn

Aug 9, 2009
    Nortonville,Kentucky
    Might as well killed them,when mama smells human scent on the one,if it don't spread to the whole litter,she'll kill'em any way,or else abandon them.

11. lukehunter

lukehunter 8 pointer

Nov 30, 2004
    Ft. Knox
    A buddy of mine found one out in California and raised it. Said it would burry itself in the sand and hunt small animals around the house said it was pretty cool then just ran off one day but he would play with the stupid thing...

12. Been there killed that..... just a little older, but still in the cute stage of life.
    Only good yote is a dead one.

13. Hades

Hades Fawn

Aug 19, 2009
    SE Kentucky
    Even John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer and Ted Bundy were once someones cute little baby......

14. biggun

biggun 8 pointer

Sep 18, 2007

I'm like everyone else I have heard this same thing. However, if a grizzly gets after an elk calf or a dog gets ahold of a fawn and the fawn gets away. Does the mother just abandon it. Sounds like a good way for a species to go extinct. I don't doubt it could happen and may a good percentage of the time. But, it doesn't make sense to me. They expend alot of energy raising young just abandon them if they had a run in with a predator and survived.

15. BIGDAWG

BIGDAWG 6 pointer

Dec 2, 2003
    louisville
    I would not even consider killing them. Just another animal in the food chain and I personally would have a hard time calling myself a sportsman if I did kill a pup so small.