Lodging and leases

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by bigbonner, Oct 13, 2019.

1. camclo01

camclo01 6 pointer

Oct 11, 2010
    louisville, KY
    I do a tent camp every year for deer camp and love it. We bring 5 gal judges and a water pump to get running water

pic below from last year setup E76D11BB-DD93-485E-81B1-D6673B5DCB05.jpeg

Todd H, Brody, carnivore and 5 others like this.
  2. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    where'd you get the mini pop up for the generator?

3. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Some of my best times and memories were from deer camp as a kid. We had a old bus that they added bunk beds to. Had a stove. It was painted green. Always a fire and good food. Bunch of my parents friends would show bring there kids. We would have big time. Then we started slowly building and adding on were I live today.

Brody, FOWLER2671, bigbonner and 2 others like this.
  4. HeadedWest

HeadedWest 6 pointer

Nov 22, 2016
    Luxuries are nice but sometimes there is nothing more refreshing than a little cold misery with good friends/family...Almost time.

FOWLER2671 and OLE RASPY like this.
  5. camclo01

camclo01 6 pointer

Oct 11, 2010
    louisville, KY
    I either got it from Cabela’s or Amazon

1wildcatfan likes this.
  6. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    I forgot a solo trip I took to try out the Hatchie River in Tn. Spent the night in a low rent hotel down around Covington. 3rd week in January on a Tuesday or Weds night.... I expected it to be calm with mostly workers on the job.. Wrong, must have been crack central or the red light district as people were stirring all night and my companion, a sweet handcapped black gurl was growling every time some one took the steps just outside the room... Hardly a wink was had all night!

7. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 10 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    My best friends family had property down in Tennessee with an a large 2 story farmhouse on it. It was in decent shape but I hadn’t been lived in in 10 years. It had electricity and a working bathroom but no heat. Almost every year after we got our licenses we would drive down and hunt. We would take blankets and cover up the doorway to the den then plug up a little space heater. I remember whoever woke up first had the job of taking the little space heater into the bathroom so you didn’t freeze your butt off going to the bathroom.

I also remember staying overnight in a different farmhouse in Kentucky that was in much worse shape and right as we went to bed i Started hearing some scratching in the walls, a coon or opossum started climbing in between the walls all night between that and creaky old bed didn’t get much sleep that night.

Everything I hunt now is close to home but I miss those old days with my friends

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  8. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    25' camper, popup camper, hotel, outfitters house or cabin.

Since my wife hunts with me we don't do tents or sleep in a vehicle.

9. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    I've stayed in tent camps in the Montana and Wyoming wilderness. Canvas pole tents. Usually had one set up for a shower tent with a stove and water tub on top with hot water. Stayed in a old shack mule deer hunting, no insulation, small gas wall heater that was warm 6" from it but did nothing for the rest of the building. Cold as hell the whole week but all good, food and hunting was good. Have stayed in motels, and done DIY tent hunts in Colorado. Everything works, you just gotta have the right mindset going in. If your a pansy ass who has to have running water you ain't a hunter. Though my camp at the farm here now is pretty all right and super comfy! :)

10. mmayes

mmayes 12 pointer

Aug 2, 2005
    Near Aintry
    Depending on where in Butler Co you hunt I am willing to bet the closed bait shop in Rochester would make a good camp even though it is right in town

Mayes

11. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Yeah it would right there on the river. Unfortunately deer camp days are gone. Just walk out the back door now.

12. Pirate

Pirate Spike

Aug 11, 2016
    Kinston, NC
    Call me what you will but at this point my accomodations must have electricity, running water, and some form of climate control. Doesn't have to be fancy but anything less is a deal breaker for me.

13. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    Down in Al growing up we were in a couple different leases. One of them
    Had a pretty nice camp best I remember I was 5-6 years old, I just remember it having beds and a pot bellied stove. Another one was rough, no heat except for the lanterns, it was a wild place, my first time being around a bunch of drunks. When I first started hunting in Ky before I moved up there I was staying in an old office in between some chicken houses. When the ground I was hunting became a lease I stayed in the office for a little while, then me and the gf broke up, I said screw it, threw my junk in my truck and got on the road, called a buddy of mine, asked if he knew of anything cheap for sale, his aunt had a 1993 16x80 for sale. Bought it site unseen, turned out to be pretty nice. The guys on the lease used it as camp while for me it was home. Lot of good times and memories there.

14. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Tough to find a hampton inn or HI Express off the paved roads.

bigbonner likes this.
  15. 44mag

44mag 6 pointer

Sep 21, 2005
    irvine
    I love hunting camps..... my two most memorable one was about 30 yrs ago when i was in high school me n a buddy thought we would sleep n back of my truck under my aluminum camper and sombody forgot to tell us hot air on inside and a damp differnt temp outside a aluminum topper would create dew and everytime we moved in the bed of my truck it was like raining inside off the aluminum topper gawww that was miserable....... the other was n christian co ky at pennyrile wma it was nov n in the teens stayin in a tent our kerosene heater we had was too big so we froze all night then we would get up to light it thennit would get so hot we hhad to turn it off n open door on tent lord we was miserable slept maybe 3 hrs total this was in 80s but memories well worth it

HeadedWest likes this.