Local Coon club?

Discussion in 'Coon Hunting' started by walker boys, Feb 29, 2012.

1. GrouseAssasin

GrouseAssasin 12 pointer

Aug 1, 2009
    Jackson, ky
    I'd quit my day job if I could get the old black dog I mentioned in my post above back as a 3 or 4 year old and get him PKC registered. He's the reason I eventually quit. Never could get another one like him and finally got sick of trying. I had a few decent dogs after him but nothing that was even in the same ballpark.

2. kydirtdog44

kydirtdog44 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    PENDLETON CO
    i have hunted all over the country , won alot and lost alot, i have followed some super good hounds , i know what u mean when that certian good one is gone they can be hard to replace.

3. kydirtdog44

kydirtdog44 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    PENDLETON CO
    the reason they wont come to our pkc hunts is , they cant get away with the pencil pushing that they do . im not saying that it happens alll the time, cause it doesnt .but man when it does they sure go all out, wasnt it several yrs ago a guy scored 2250 and walker days. man he had A GOOD DOG LOL

4. KYhunter79

KYhunter79 12 pointer

Dec 11, 2003
    Irvington, KY
    Bingo, dirtdogg!!!

He only scored first and first on 10 coons in a 2 hour hunt, what's fishy about 2250+? Lol. Assuming no other dog barked in the cast, that's tracking, treeing, scoring, and recasting every twelve minutes. Was the guide sneaking into the zoo? Were they in a nature preserve hunting on gators?

The ukc setup is outdated anyway. Your dog can only compete with the dogs he's out with. If I win my cast, I should advance. I had the best dog that night in my conditions. All pencil pushing aside, a dog can only tree the coins there in the time allotted. Don't penalize my dog because another man was in more coons. All places and all guides aren't created equal.

5. kydirtdog44

kydirtdog44 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    PENDLETON CO
    The other nite went to a ukc hunt just to bull crap with some friends , wow do theese hunts draw all kinds, there were three regestired cast and one nt ch cast i think every cast had a ? I have nothuing aginst ukc hunters and ukc hunts but i do hate when they down the others for hunting pkc or other regestries.

6. kycooner

kycooner 8 pointer

May 2, 2007
    Most big scores ,,usally end up with a 2 dog cast,,You can strike and tree ,,both dogs declared tree ,so you don't have to wait the 5 minute ..go in handle and score the coon ,,then call time out,,This in upper Indiana usually takes about4 minutes ,,with just 100 and 75 to have on each strike ,and 125 and 75 on each tree ..it doesn't take long to add up a huge score. 10 drops and you have used 40 minutes and are flirting with 2000 points then..I have been there and seen it done,,if it wasn't for the first 2 drops having a young dog that wasn't working with the cast,,used over 20 minutes each drop, ,It's hard to say how much we could of scored..The key was all dogs treed and calling time out..I thought that hunt was never going to end. As far as you saying UKC people complain about other KC's ,, go back and read your post..looks like you are the ones complaining..I support all the KC's

7. kycooner

kycooner 8 pointer

May 2, 2007
    Most big scores ,,usally end up with a 2 dog cast,,You can strike and tree ,,both dogs declared tree ,so you don't have to wait the 5 minute ..go in handle and score the coon ,,then call time out,,This in upper Indiana usually takes about4 minutes ,,with just 100 and 75 to have on each strike ,and 125 and 75 on each tree ..it doesn't take long to add up a huge score. 10 drops and you have used 40 minutes and are flirting with 2000 points then..I have been there and seen it done,,if it wasn't for the first 2 drops having a young dog that wasn't working with the cast,,used over 20 minutes each drop, ,It's hard to say how much we could of scored..The key was all dogs treed and calling time out..I thought that hunt was never going to end. As far as you saying UKC people complain about other KC's ,, go back and read your post..looks like you are the ones complaining..I support all the KC's

8. kydirtdog44

kydirtdog44 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    PENDLETON CO
    absoultely im complaining but not about the ukc regrestries, just about the arrogant people who hunt them , now i know not all f the fellows are like that i have met many a good person at a ukc huntd i garantuee i have hunted in as many ukc hunts as anyone on this forum, im just saying u arer more likely to have a card wrote up, the reason for that u have to score big at the big hunts to even get a sniff. 400 to 650 will get u in the final four at most pkc events. i have nothing aginst UKC heard people at the ukc hunts down and disrespect pkc hunter and the pkc organatizion, saying that all pkc hunters are crooked and slick handlers, how you have to have a hound that is mean to hunt in pkc , bottom line is that pkc hunters are serious about thier spot they have top notch hounds tHAT ARE INDEPENDENT HARD HUNTING AND ACCUATE, WENT OUT ON A UKC HUNT RECENTLY AND IT WAS A FOUR DOG CAST, I WAS A SPECTATOR, I SAW THINGS PLUSED THAT WERNT THERE, DOGS DECLARED TREED THAT WERE RUNNING AND NO ONE WOULD TAKE THIER MINUS AND WHAT I SAW WAS NOT ONE SINGLE TIME DID A DOG GET TO ITSELFOR SPLIT TREE. I WAS AMAZED AT WHAT PEOPLE WILL HUNT. I COMMEND PEOPLE FOR STANDING UP FOR AND SU[PPORTING UKC .I JUST CANT STAND THE ONES THAT PUT DOWN PKC

9. KYhunter79

KYhunter79 12 pointer

Dec 11, 2003
    Irvington, KY

This ^.

Also if you are calling timeout after every tree and recasting in a new place, that's misusing the rules in my opinion. Or at least bending them to your liking.