Liquor thread

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Luther's Feist, Jan 12, 2022 at 5:12 PM.

1. Luther's Feist

Luther's Feist 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2014
    Coeburn, Va
    That store bought shine ain't real shine and I agree with ya if I'm gonna drink it I'ma shoot it straight

2. KY_Fried

KY_Fried 12 pointer

Nov 13, 2003
    Foster, KY, USA.
    My bourbon days are pretty much behind me sadly. I was diagnosed with chron's a few years ago and that pretty much ended that. I'll take a shot or two every once in a while but usually regret it so I pretty much have to stick with the clear stuff anymore. The tannins in bourbon shred my guts.

Feedman likes this.
  3. I like my shine full strength where it will burn a clear flame and I chase it with orange Gatorade.

JR in KY and Luther's Feist like this.
  4. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Todays food for thought:
    We all could drink Pappy weekly,
    If there were no collectors.

5. Luther's Feist

Luther's Feist 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2014
    Coeburn, Va
    I feel your pain, I was diagnosed with gasteoperisis a few years back and ain't supposed to touch alcohol period. Reason I don't drink but I do enjoy a shot on occasion but if I take more than one I pay for it dearly

6. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

7. Tankt

Tankt 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    I sold some Pappy to a member on here a few years ago..

I need to make a few calls to get some more.

8. KY_Fried

KY_Fried 12 pointer

Nov 13, 2003
    Foster, KY, USA.
    I've had a few glasses of Pappys. It was good but not really even close to one of my favorites. I'm kind of blown away by what people are willing to pay for it. I'd love to see a blind taste test with regular Joes comparing Pappys with some of the cheap stuff.

Luther's Feist likes this.
  9. HeadedWest

HeadedWest 10 pointer

Nov 22, 2016
    100%

I think it will collapse…I don’t see how it won’t.

In the meantime, I’ve got two bottle of Old Rip Van Winkle I’ll sell for the prices 120 listed. I was going to save them for my boys wedding/graduation but I can buy a lot of ammo/guns for those prices and they’ll probably appreciate it more.

bondhu and Luther's Feist like this.
  10. Luther's Feist

Luther's Feist 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2014
    Coeburn, Va
    Yeah I'd imagine you could buy quiet a few guns and ammo for that kinda money

11. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    I think it tastes like charcoal

drakeshooter likes this.
  12. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    Started, with J.B Fire a few years ago, then changed to J.B Maple, they quite selling it, so i went back to the cinnamon. the other day i discovered J.B. red stag., Black Cherry. it mixes well.. raspberry tea, Canada dry, Squirt grapefruit, orange juice, or any combination, there-of.. :rolleyes:

Luther's Feist likes this.
  13. Luther's Feist

Luther's Feist 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2014
    Coeburn, Va
    I seen the J.B. red stag and started to grab a bottle but wasn't sure if like it

14. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Makers is hard to beat for an inexpensive drink, IMHO. I really like Knob Creek and Woodford, but they're a bit pricier. Well, they were the last time I bought any. It's been a few years since I even bought any brown water.

drakeshooter likes this.