Lions and Chiggers and Ticks, OH MY!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by 12 pointer, Jul 15, 2009.

1. I look like I been hit with three rounds of number 8 shot form a 12 gauge. Anyone else having such great fortune??????????:mad::eek::eek:

2. B.M. Barrelcooker

B.M. Barrelcooker 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
  3. Exactly what the wife said. I just thought she was full of it.:)

4. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    Haven't been around any ticky areas but somebody said the words "poison ivy" the other day and a patch broke out on my arm. Seriously, I was walking through some grass about 50 yards from the woods and got it.

5. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    I've got a chigger in the bend of my knee that seems to be doing really well for himself. Seems to have set up a permanent home.

I'll give him the bend of the knee if he won't migrate northward.

6. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    He's already too far north for a real man.:eek:;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2009
  7. I sprayed really good yesterday and all the bush hogging and mowing and weedeating I did all day I never got a single tick. BUT, I did manage 4 chiggers!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: THe rest of my has many many sore spots from a run in with tick larve' from a few days ago. I itch constantly.

8. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    I guess I come up a little short in that department.:eek:

9. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    Athletes foot cream stops the itch almost immediately and helps them heal much faster.

10. peepsight

peepsight 6 pointer

Nov 25, 2007
    shepherdsville,ky
    went and shot 3D sunday and got about 7 or 8 chiggers on me.

11. Colorado_Hunter

Colorado_Hunter 10 pointer

Nov 30, 2007
    Radcliff, Kentucky
    It appears that Chigger really took a notion to you Trust.:D

Maybe you can claim it as one of your dependents when you file taxes next year.:eek:

12. Ive been in some pretty wooly stuff hangen cams.an have sprayed down really good with permonome an dont have a single one of any of them little critters:D

13. B.M. Barrelcooker

B.M. Barrelcooker 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
    diesel works good too just rub a little on your hands and spread it around..not a whole lot just a little.

14. turkeytalker

turkeytalker Banned

Nov 3, 2004

Diesel and gas works very good for repeling ticks and chiggers. I'm in tall weeds/thickets everyday and as soon as possible give my boots a rub down and pant legs.

Guess it might not work for hunting but it has never stopped me from seeing plenty of deer at work.

15. you can crush an aspirin and add a little water to make a paste and apply it to the bites it will take some of the swelling and itch out of it. Or just benydryl cream.