Likeing my pup better everynite

Discussion in 'Coon Hunting' started by kydirtdog44, Feb 7, 2012.

1. kydirtdog44

kydirtdog44 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    PENDLETON CO
    guys im 44 yrs old have been aroud coonhuntin my whole life ,i hunt many sorry hounds , but have also hunted some very good ones like for instance dotsons hardtime cody hunted him bout 3 yrs, raised and trained a dog that won pkc major events, finished three diffrent hounds in pck state races mad 11 into grand nt chs sold a few for some pretty good money, but recently purchased a small framed ,blanket back ,red heade little gyp that i call snitch(MY WIFE NAMED HER) SHE STARTED TREEING COONS ON A REGULAR BASIS AT 5 MTH OLD I GOT HER AT 7 MTHS AND I AM IMPRESSED EVERY TIME HER AND I GO TO THE WOODS, this little thing hunts good , trees as solid as any 4 yrs old got a great mouth and is a real nice little tree dog and is suprisingly accurate for just turning 9 mtn old, and is the most independent thing i have ever followed, wr feltner and i hunted her and his new english male last nite they were hunted seperat we had a great hunt i plan on hunting her in a few hunts then when the time comes we r going to raise a litter or 2 ill try to get some picwe and post them bill feltner of foster has a nice 20 mth old redtick male

2. carter county cuckler

carter county cuckler 10 pointer

Nov 25, 2009
    Hitchins,Ky
    Glad you got ya a super nice young dog.Makes a man want to hit the woods every night,I just wish I didn't have to work lol

3. wrfeltner

wrfeltner Fawn

Dec 30, 2011
    Foster, KY
    Yes Snitch is shure makeing a nice hound and with you behind her she will go far. You dont find many at 5 to 7 month old leave you and strike a coon track and drive it up hill 130 to 150yards and get treed tight to the tree with a ever breath chop. I seen it the first night you brought her home.
    Good Luck with her!

4. kydirtdog44

kydirtdog44 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    PENDLETON CO
    went hunting last nite for a bit, took my 9 mth old pup went with friend of mine, we cut mine loose first(WE HUNT OUR PUPS SEPERATE WHEN THEY START) GOT AFTER A HARD RUNNING OLD BOAR RAN BOUT .50 GOT TREED WE DROVE AROUND(because i hate to walk lol) shot a big ols boar out to her . dropped her again and to my suprise she treed another went turned the other dog loose treed a den and came home.

5. walker boys

walker boys 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2009
    Wayne Co
    Last night we turned four dogs loose lastnight two pups a yr old dog and a 9 year old dog we only came home with 3 the female pup got hit by a car lastnight the guy i hunt with was devistated (if thts how u spell it) he loved his little female pup but now he is down to 2 dogs a male pup and its mother but she was gonna make a good hound!

6. kydirtdog44

kydirtdog44 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    PENDLETON CO
    aw man that sucks, i hate to hear that had a super good one hit bout 10 yr ago gave 2500 had him a total of six months , u never know when something like that is going to happen im sorry to hear about your buddys loss

7. kydirtdog44

kydirtdog44 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    PENDLETON CO
    i again say im sorry about your buddies pup but if u have that may hounds turned loose at one time they r more likley to not hunt but try to out run each other and i have seen a couple of hounds killed on the road because they busted through the place they turned them , where if there was only one they may have hunted and road raced, and i keep a garmin on mine and check it often if the dog hasnt opened, to see if its near a road. plus i can holler at my pup and she will break her neck to gwet to me when i call her , thats the first thing i do with one before it ever goes to the woods , it learns to mind me if it doesnt mid if finds a new home. i dont know if that was the situation . regardless its a bad deal and sorry to hear it

8. walker boys

walker boys 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2009
    Wayne Co
    we had a tracker on it and my dog came back to me but those pups wanted to with there momma but like u said u never no when thts gonna happen but atleast he still has one more pup out of tht blood line.... Im glad to here ur dog is doing good tho.