Lieutenant Colonel Allen West

TripleGee

12 pointer
Sep 13, 2003
Somerset
Allen West is keeping his Oath. Are you?
I hope Florida sends this man to Washington...now if we could just find a candidate like this in Kentucky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

http://allenwestforcongress.com/

I honestly believe that there are several folks that visit this site quite frequently that would make fine public servants if they would just take that leap. Since I haven't met but three of them, I would be advocating their beliefs without seeing the man or woman. Isn't this what should determine how we vote? Not the slick willy looking ones, but the ones who actually stand for something that's been proven time and again.

I really like Rand Paul too, but he is not a vet. Everything else being equal, I'd pick a vet over a non-vet. The only thing that bothers me about Mr. Johnson is the heavy emphasis on Republican. I know Rand Paul is a Republican too, but he emphasizes his Libertarian viewpoint more than Republican.

mwezell

12 pointer
Jan 22, 2006
Auburn, KY
I really like Rand Paul too, but he is not a vet. Everything else being equal, I'd pick a vet over a non-vet. The only thing that bothers me about Mr. Johnson is the heavy emphasis on Republican. I know Rand Paul is a Republican too, but he emphasizes his Libertarian viewpoint more than Republican.

I like the fact that Rand Paul emphasizes his Libertarian views. Repubs and Dems got us into this mess we're in by being more loyal to their party than to their constituents. That's what I'm tired of.--Mike Ezell

Ky'sFinest

10 pointer
Nov 25, 2007
Hidden in the Woods, Ky
I like the fact that Rand Paul emphasizes his Libertarian views. Repubs and Dems got us into this mess we're in by being more loyal to their party than to their constituents. That's what I'm tired of.--Mike Ezell

im right there with you on that one. the two party system is what chizels away at our rights and liberties.

libertarians believe in freedom and individual rights something the dems and repubs have both been attacking over the last couple of decades.

aceoky

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2003
W KY
im right there with you on that one. the two party system is what chizels away at our rights and liberties.

libertarians believe in freedom and individual rights something the dems and repubs have both been attacking over the last couple of decades.

Which (IMO) begs the question

DOES a third party candidate really have a chance in "big elections", I KNOW they "should have" , but in reality would enough forget party loyalty and actually vote for the person , and not the party, it's very rare for that to happen, but perhaps with the current mess we're in, things are achanging?

Ky'sFinest

10 pointer
Nov 25, 2007
Hidden in the Woods, Ky
to me its about principles. party's and people change, but principles do not. i vote for freedom. i vote for least amount of gov't as possible. i do not need 90% of the gov't to make my life better.

Latest posts