Lieutenant Colonel Allen West

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by CanisMajor, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Sarge

Sarge 6 pointer

Dec 30, 2007
    Laurel/Clay County
    I'm with ya, a guy like this would get my vote. WOW!! I didn't think guys like this were out there any more.

2. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    I honestly believe that there are several folks that visit this site quite frequently that would make fine public servants if they would just take that leap. Since I haven't met but three of them, I would be advocating their beliefs without seeing the man or woman. Isn't this what should determine how we vote? Not the slick willy looking ones, but the ones who actually stand for something that's been proven time and again.

3. I heard Bill Johnson speak a couple weeks ago. I liked what he had to say, but am not convinced enough to throw my support behind him yet.

http://kentuckybill.com/

4. kybadcat36

kybadcat36 8 pointer

Mar 26, 2005
    central city ky
    Rand Paul from Bowling Green. He is the son of Ron Paul. Get's my vote!!

5. Ky'sFinest

Ky'sFinest 10 pointer

that my friends is a speech. that my friends is a leader.

a major breath of fresh air when all we have is a bunch of tyrant dopes in office.

6. I really like Rand Paul too, but he is not a vet. Everything else being equal, I'd pick a vet over a non-vet. The only thing that bothers me about Mr. Johnson is the heavy emphasis on Republican. I know Rand Paul is a Republican too, but he emphasizes his Libertarian viewpoint more than Republican.

7. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    What do you know!!!!!I'm not a racist gun nut after all...He's a black man that would get my vote.

8. mwezell

mwezell 12 pointer

Jan 22, 2006
    Auburn, KY
    I like the fact that Rand Paul emphasizes his Libertarian views. Repubs and Dems got us into this mess we're in by being more loyal to their party than to their constituents. That's what I'm tired of.--Mike Ezell

9. Ky'sFinest

Ky'sFinest 10 pointer

im right there with you on that one. the two party system is what chizels away at our rights and liberties.

libertarians believe in freedom and individual rights something the dems and repubs have both been attacking over the last couple of decades.

10. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Which (IMO) begs the question

DOES a third party candidate really have a chance in "big elections", I KNOW they "should have" , but in reality would enough forget party loyalty and actually vote for the person , and not the party, it's very rare for that to happen, but perhaps with the current mess we're in, things are achanging?

11. Ky'sFinest

Ky'sFinest 10 pointer

to me its about principles. party's and people change, but principles do not. i vote for freedom. i vote for least amount of gov't as possible. i do not need 90% of the gov't to make my life better.