Licking river near cincinnati

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by fishfinder45238, Mar 3, 2010.

1. fishfinder45238

fishfinder45238 Fawn

Mar 3, 2010
    cincinnati
    Hi all,
    I am new to this forum and I am wondering if anyone fishes the Licking River from Alexandria to the ohio. I put in in wilder with a small boat and do not like to go out on the Ohio with it. How far down towards Foulmount can i go on the Licking and is one strech of the river better for fishing than others. Fish for what ever we can get to bite. Thanks

2. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    Welcome. I know nothing about the licking river-never fished it. ya might try a search on here should be some good info..phil

3. taxidervin

taxidervin Spike

Sep 20, 2002
    Licking River

You can go about a half mile past the Pond Creek Visalia Bridge. There is a riffle there. You can get through if you get out and pull it through. Better fishing starts where the river takes a sharp bend to the right, just pass the restaurant KnottyPine on the Bayou, up on Licking Pike. This is about 3 miles from I-275 bridge. From there all the way to the Visalia Bridge is good fishing. There is about 4 riffle areas in this area. Good bass, sauger, whitebass, catfish and drum fishing.
    Dave

4. nkybigcountry

nkybigcountry Spike

Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Thomas, Kentucky
    good bass fishing?

hey guys, we just got a boat this year and have been looking for places to take it around here, we usually go on the river or go up to eastfork..but i have been wanting to get up on the licking and try to catch some bass...are there some good largemouths in there? or what do you normally fish for?

5. taxidervin

taxidervin Spike

Sep 20, 2002
    Licking River in Campbell Co.

There are largemouth, smallmouth and spots in the river. There are largemouth up to 5lbs or so. Most are from 10"-14". I have caught smallmouth up to 3.5 lbs. Spots up to 3lbs. Lots of white bass and drum. You can put in at Frederick's Landing or go out to Cline's on the River Bar on Licking Pike. They have a nice boat ramp, cost $5 to put in.
    Taxidervin