Let's talk bluegrass....

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by just me, Dec 31, 2014.

1. nwest

nwest 12 pointer

Hush your mouth

2. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

3. jayder85

jayder85 10 pointer

I like everything from first generation music and artists up through about the JD Crowe era. Jim and Jessie, the Osborne Bros, Reno an Smiley, Flatt and Scruggs etc. probably most influential to me was Ralph Stanley with Keith Whitley and JD Crowe. I enjoy it all really, except the real progressive "crossover " bands these days.

4. JLD3173

JLD3173 6 pointer

Nov 17, 2010
    Pendleton County
    If you like bluegrass music, look up the Whiskey Bent Valley Boys. They are from Peewee Valley.

5. Boggs41076

Boggs41076 8 pointer

Oct 26, 2014
    Wolfe Creek, Ky
    Chris Stapleton, in my opinion has the best voice in bluegrass and country. Not to mention is a hell of song writer and has penned a bunch of big country hits after his Steeldrivers career.

My favorite collaboration was "The Mountain" Steve Earle and The Del McCoury band.

6. jayder85

jayder85 10 pointer

They aren't really bluegrass. More old timey stringband type. That said, I do enjoy them!

7. just me

just me 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2013
    The words and stories are so dark. Sometimes I just prefer to hear the instruments. I understand why, just kinda wears on you after a while.