Lets hear about the river camping this year:

Discussion in 'Camping' started by Ky'sFinest, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Ky'sFinest

Ky'sFinest 10 pointer

Good place to share river camping ideas.

just finished my second canoe camp this year. first was red, second was green. both great.

2. turkeytalker

turkeytalker Banned

Nov 3, 2004

River camping? This year? Are you talking about in a houseboat:D?
    Complete washout so far but it's gettin right

3. turkeytalker

turkeytalker Banned

Nov 3, 2004
    I am planning a New River trip later on though;).

4. buckdroppings

buckdroppings 8 pointer

Nov 29, 2003
    Sligo, KY, USA.
    did green river last week in the national park and had a blast

5. bowcrazy*

bowcrazy* Spike

Nov 7, 2008
    Floated the Cumberland tailwaters on Friday....caught one nice rainbow and several smaller ones. It was a great time to be on the water with the mild temps.

6. Double B

Double B 6 pointer

Jan 6, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Got back from Green river float over the weekend. Put in at Green River Ferry and floated to Houchin Ferry, where we camped. Caught Smallmouth, Largemouth, Goggle eye, Sunfish and a nice 4 or 5 pound Channel on a minnow. Weather was good and we had a great time. I highly recommend camping at the Mammoth Cave Park, it was very laid back and really inexpensive. Looking forward to floating Nolin River from the lake tailwaters back down to Green River and Houchin Ferry next time.....anybody got any experience or tips for Nolin River? Thanks for all the replys to my other post for Mammoth, it really helped make a nice trip.

7. turkeytalker

turkeytalker Banned

Nov 3, 2004

Yes i do. Don't do it! It sucks, maybe one place to get out of the canoe, and the fishing sucks! I spent 9hrs. paddling and 2hrs. fishing it once,saw many baby rainbow trout but otherwise it was a miserable day!