Let's go to Florida hunting

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Duster, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Farrier85

Farrier85 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2015
    Screw that lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

2. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Don't think I'd want to pin that fifteen footers head down.Wonder if they eat those things

3. Farrier85

Farrier85 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2015
    Only way I'd do it is hire a team of Mexicans before trump throws em back over his fence and let them wrestle the snakes and I just captain the boat haha

4. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    Why are they wanting the brought out alive? Why not kill it, throw it in the boat you are dragging astern about 3 miles then get back to killin??

5. Farrier85

Farrier85 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2015
    Makes no sense, like wiping before you poop! I'd hunt em if I could hunt em with buckshot and blow them heads clean off

6. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

That seem strange to me also. Dead or alive they still make boots. May have been there was a market for some alive ones but it sure did not seem that there was.

I think they are fair game year round down there, shoot on sight.

7. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    They have an annual snake hunt in the Everglades for non-native species like the python. If I ever get a little extra time and money, I would love to go down there and participate.

8. sheperd

sheperd 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2003
    Bardstown, Ky
    They just have to bring em in alive for the challenge. To keep from a little cheating going on. The rest if the time just kill em anyway you can.

9. Tufrthnails

Tufrthnails 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2014
    Lakeland, FL
    There are 5 or 6 wmas that have special extra "Conditional Reptile Season" But other then that you can hunt them during and normal hunting season but you have to use whatever the legal firearm is for that season. I live in Fl and I have not went down to try to hunt these things. I'll prob give it a shot at some point, but talking to the guys I know that have it is not really all that easy to find them it's not like they are under every. Also you may not remove them from the WMA alive, but you may sell/eat them. It has been released that some of the ones tested have been high in mercury and a warning against eating them was released, but I don't remember if it is all the python or just certain breeds. You can also hunt Nile Monitors.

10. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Fortunately I've never ran up on a python while visiting S Florida but I have seen lots of snakes and some are crazy looking. Some like 5-6 feet long but skinny like a rope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk