Leases go quick!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by littlebear, May 5, 2021.

1. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    Found out this morning about 400 acres that joins some property I own was posted on the net for lease. I hunted it years ago for free and so did anyone that asked the owner. Then leasing started getting big so it was leased out almost every year since. Wife told me as soon as I found out to call but I said that’s a lot of cash. So I Text a few buddies that had been asking about some land. Thought I better call and see about getting it before it was gone. Sure enough it wasn’t posted about an hour. 30 or so people messaged them about it. A guy had already drove over 30 miles and put a check in her hand without setting a foot on it. Plus gave $2 more an acre than they was asking. I’m figuring the guy maybe going to sub lease it to others. Thought it would lease fairly quick but not in an hour. Guess it’s part my fault because it wasn’t leased last year and I didn’t know about it. I feel lucky I got land to hunt but I got a taste of what some of you guys go thru trying to find land to hunt.

Timholt70 likes this.
  2. Campfire

Campfire 6 pointer

Oct 24, 2019
    Camp
    How much did they pay an acre?

Timholt70 likes this.
  3. CentralKyHunter

CentralKyHunter 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2007
    Where are they posting ?

Timholt70 likes this.