LBL question and answer thread

columbia whitetail

10 pointer
Nov 3, 2009
columbia
We are just wanting to make sure that setting up on Sunday evening in the area we plan to hunt is ok. Won't hunt until Monday but want to manage our time wisely. Another question is are we able to scout during the quota hunt? Now obviously we would not scout if someone was hunting in the general area we are planning to hunt. Again just wanting to manage our time to the fullest but be in compliance with rules and regs as well as being respectful of others who may be hunting. Any number I could call to verify?

littlebear

12 pointer
Aug 21, 2007
the woods
I think scouting and camping ok but no hunting. Here is contact info.

Land Between The Lakes
100 Van Morgan Drive
Golden Pond, KY 42211
E-Mail: [email protected]
For Application or Hunt information call (270) 924-2065.
For general information on LBL, call (270) 924-2000 or (800) LBL-7077.

littlebear

12 pointer
Aug 21, 2007
the woods
any one know any fields or ridges in area 8, never had that area before
traveling west on 68/80 when you enter lbl there is several crop fields and ridges on your left. A mile or so up the road on the left is road 160( I think). There are some fields on left out thru there also.

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
any one know any fields or ridges in area 8, never had that area before

Area 8 has fields, timber and horse trails... as that the area Wranglers camp is in.

In turn there's a fairly large chunk around Wranglers that's closed to any firearms deer hunting during the quota hunts. However this closed to firearms section gets major bowhunting pressure .

Sort of like most of the fields ... hunters see the signs posted for no firearms deer hunting and immediately think it's a great place to deer hunt. At least up until the modern day wagon train starts to come through while your trying to hunt.

It's a hard area to get away from other users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smashdn

12 pointer
Nov 24, 2003
Palmyra, Kentucky
traveling west on 68/80 when you enter lbl there is several crop fields and ridges on your left. A mile or so up the road on the left is road 160( I think). There are some fields on left out thru there also.

There were two trucks parked at those fields the last two weekends as well. The fields get pounded.

littlebear

12 pointer
Aug 21, 2007
the woods
There were two trucks parked at those fields the last two weekends as well. The fields get pounded.

Agree. The fields do get pounded. We never hunt fields at lbl for that reason. Personally hunting on fields there is no good. We hunt areas way off the roads. My favorite spot I hunt there is about 3/4 mile back off a road. It's a saddle in a long ridge. Hardly ever see scrapes or rubs there but deer filter thru there good almost every year I hunt it. Have taken several bucks in that spot.

davglo35

Fawn
Oct 21, 2014
Im headin to lbl on the 29th. Killed a couple gobblers up there this spring. Been hunting Illinois but lost my spot. Im looking for a buck 130+. Will be hunting solo. May not get one but willing to eat tag soup if I dont get a shot at a really good one. Concentrating on area 8 & 7 but willing to venture out if need be. Would like to get one and head to west Kentucky wma or pennyrile. Im new to the forum and love the country up there. Im a disabled vet.and fortunate to be able to hunt still.

davglo35

Fawn
Oct 21, 2014
If you kill a bird in lbl in Tennessee first you can kill another one in lbl Kentucky. If you kill one in lbl Kentucky first then you cant kill one in Tennessee.

JR87

Fawn
Oct 21, 2013
Waiting for the onslaught of negative comments comments about finding a 130+ buck at lbl

davglo35

Fawn
Oct 21, 2014
I would think that with less gun hunting days some bucks would live to be 4 or 5 yrs old. I hope to catch one cruising looking for a doe. I had my heart broken last year in Illinois. I lost a 180-190" buck. The year before I had a 140 get away from me. Did kill a nice 17" 8 pt. In South Arkansas last Dec.

davglo35

Fawn
Oct 21, 2014
I did kill this 150"buck in southwest Arkansas a few yrs ago on public land.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413991058474.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413991058474.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 417

Latest posts