LBL question and answer thread

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by keith meador, Jul 20, 2014.

1. kentuckyoutdoorsman

kentuckyoutdoorsman 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2011
    shepherdsville
    any body been doing any good yet this year? im trying to make it down at the end of october or beginning of november. id be hunting in area 1

2. mathewsxt

mathewsxt 6 pointer

Aug 24, 2010
    Plan on going over to bow hunt next week. Never even been over there. A few buddies told me area 5. Anyone care to give some info on where to hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ancienthunter

ancienthunter 8 pointer

Dec 25, 2011
    Over the Hill
    I hunted a couple of days last week, saw all my deer in the mornings nothing in the afternoon, they are shelling corn hard right now plus acorns are falling so plan to find some good white ridges preferable closer to the lake, get in quiet as possible.

4. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    White oaks are dropping hard. The ground is covered ater the wind we had the last few days. Saw four does while scouting.

I don't know how you hunt that place, it all looks good when there is a layer of acorns on the ground. The fields I saw where either just grass fields that had been bush hogged or corn fields that were shelled.

Seen one guy hunting the edge of a corn field. Several people camping near the lake that you could tell were there hunting (seen clothes, stands, etc.).

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  5. dray223

dray223 10 pointer

Mar 11, 2010
    4 of us went this past weeken, 3 of us connected on does. Saw a couple decent bucks, def shooters for bonus deer. One was being chased by coyotes. Saw probably 20 or so between us for 2 days hunting.

6. columbia whitetail

columbia whitetail 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2009
    columbia
    What area was you in? Did you hunt oak ridges or what was your hunting strategy? Me and 3 buddies are coming down the 25th through the 29th to hunt.

7. dray223

dray223 10 pointer

Mar 11, 2010
    We all hunting edge of thickets and saddles.

8. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    The best places I have found to hunt this time of year have been close to the lake. We find a place where that really green grass is starting to grow as the lake level drops, and look for the well worn trails leading into the surrounding woods. Set up about 100 yards in the woods on one of those trails, and you are sure to see some deer.

9. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    You should verify.......I'm thinking youth hunt is 25th/26th....

10. MossyhornMathews

MossyhornMathews 6 pointer

Aug 25, 2009
    Laurel County
    Goin down on Halloween morning to area 4 for the weekend long ways from home for me but I went last year and had fun. this will be the second time I have ever been there. Last year I did what everybody does I guess, we went down weekend the weekend of the 11/12 and I found a big soy bean field and a pond and a crazy amount of sign but not a single deer. but it was still a fun trip with my buddies anyway that's all that matters.

11. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    Stay away from the fields this time of year, as they get hit hard. All that sign around those fields you see is being done at night. You need to find where they are before they make their way to the fields.

12. kentuckyoutdoorsman

kentuckyoutdoorsman 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2011
    shepherdsville
    youth hunt is the 25th and 26th

13. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    No deer hunting the day before any of the quota hunts as well.

Squirrel is closed down there Oct 15- Dec 1 too.

14. columbia whitetail

columbia whitetail 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2009
    columbia
    Ok so here is my next question then. We have decided that we will hunt the 27th thru mid day on the 31st. Are we able to come and set up our camp on the evening of the 26th where we are planning to hunt?

15. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    I think, think now, that you are good to go to camp and bow hunt the days except for the quota days and the day before. Honestly, I was going to duck hunt that Friday before our hunt and set camp. I know it is open per the waterfowl and small game info sheet.