Lbl feralhogs

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by grinder, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    About twice a year is what they normally raise litters

2. Yeah, a 223 to the brain pan is very educational to wild hogs, lol. The reason Elk first disappeared from KY was unregulated hunting. I would propose unregulated hunting of wild pigs in KY with a $20 tax credit bounty on each one killed. No limit, no rules. Use any means and any method. Traps, guns, explosives, poison. ANY means and methods. Some may work better, and some may be educational. Heavy hunting pressure might make them go nocturnal, so we then hunt them at night. State should rent out thermal night sights just like library books. $10/week.

3. Onthedge

Onthedge 6 pointer

Dec 11, 2020
    South East Ky
    I'd be all for this, except for the poison, I want to keep the deer.

elkaholic likes this.
  4. oaktreeplanter

oaktreeplanter Fawn

Jul 29, 2018
    Marshall County
    LBL now has a lot of information on their website about wild hogs. Having hunted wild hogs since 1990 in western states I don't agree with all of their information but it is helpful.
    By the way there is a poison that was successfully tried on wild hogs and is perfectly safe for all other wildlife. It was legalized in Texas a few years ago but then the bleeding hearts, or the greedy game guides got it outlawed again.

5. RRK

RRK Fawn

Feb 7, 2021
    KY
    Was over at the family cemetery in LBL ( Colson Hollow) the other day, I seen the first ones I have ever seen over there I know they been there a while a friend of mine works there said he thinks they will get out of hand.

6. Tankt

Tankt 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    Tempted to ask for exact locations to kill a few after rabbit season

7. grinder

grinder 10 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    Like was said, they dont want you too. I dont know if they would fine you or not.

8. RRK

RRK Fawn

Feb 7, 2021
    KY
    I can assure you they will fine you! They think there going to trap them out, but its not going to happen. I was born and raised there until we was FORCED out in the 60's. Way to many hills and hollers and not near enough man power to get it done. I am about 6 or 7 miles the way the crows fly from LBL only thing separating my county from LBL is the Tennessee river. It just a matter of time before there on this side. Used to have a duck blind on the river seen a lot of deer swim from LBL to this side especially when the water was at winter pool.

KYote-Krusher likes this.
  9. grinder

grinder 10 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    Id love to hear your stories about living in LBL. I always think of the people that were forced from their land everytime i find a cemetary, or old house site. Im not disagreeing with you. I think they should encourage everyone with a bb gun up to hunt them. They seem to think otherwise. Someone told me they trapped and killed 250 hogs. I have never seen one, or noticed sign. Its just hard to believe.

10. KyThunder

KyThunder Fawn

Jun 2, 2019
    West KY
    Seen these hogs today in LBL. In a field beside 68. All together there were probably 6 to 8 adults and 30 to 40 piglets. Image is with my phone so sorry for image quality. 20220113_180122.jpg

KYote-Krusher, Feedman and jblack1 like this.
  11. Tankt

Tankt 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    Have a lookout, boom boom boom. Retrieve, haul ass

Feedman likes this.
  12. KyThunder

KyThunder Fawn

Jun 2, 2019
    West KY
    Not on federal ground. No way

13. RRK

RRK Fawn

Feb 7, 2021
    KY
    KY, was these east of old Golden Pond?

14. KyThunder

KyThunder Fawn

Jun 2, 2019
    West KY
    X marks the spot....about sunset or a little after.

Attached Files:

Feedman and Tankt like this.
  15. RRK

RRK Fawn

Feb 7, 2021
    KY