LBL bound this morning.

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by standsitten, Nov 7, 2015.

1. randy grider

randy grider 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Burgin, KY
    Hunted all last week, got home sunday night. It was hot, and deer not moving during the day. Plenty of sign around crop fields, but all nocturnal due to hunting press on those few spots. Could not find a white oak acorn anywhere, if you do, you will have the spot. Red oak acorns kinda scarce too, but there are some. The weather cooled on saturday, and did see deer then, you will have much better weather than i did, and should do OK. I would try finding main trails to these crop fields, and clearings, and get back in woods away from them. I feel like they would be staging deep until dark, and the hunters leave the edges of fields. Find their bedding areas near these crops, and a god ridge saddle, or forked ridge should work. LBL terrain does dictate some travel patterns, which is good, because all the trees are basically the same, white/red oaks. LBL is my favorite hunting, tough, challenging, real.

2. NateUK

NateUK Spike

Apr 9, 2014
    Two of us spent three days there and saw a total of five deer from the stand, only one of them was a doe. I saw a really nice 8 pointer saturday morning but I couldn't get him in close enough. I watched a two and a half year old make a scrape thirty minutes before dark. It was tough hunting, with very little movement and still no chasing. We just couldn't seem to find any does.