LBL bound this morning.

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by standsitten, Nov 7, 2015.

1. standsitten

standsitten 8 pointer

Mar 20, 2011
    Headed to LBL for the week. Hoping for some good results. I'm not sure based on the reports I've seen from over there this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

2. johnky

johnky 8 pointer

Apr 5, 2011
    Loretto ky
    Just enjoy your time,and best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. lkj118

lkj118 10 pointer

Nov 8, 2006
    nancy / somerset, ky
    Good luck. Kinda dead. Been here since Wednesday and not much movement where we are. Hunted area 1,2,4 with little luck so far

4. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    Ditto here, lots of fresh scrapes but ive seen no chasing

5. tful24

tful24 Fawn

Feb 3, 2012
    Started hunting on Monday and have seen very little movement. In our group we have seen 4 small buck and no chasing. We have hunted LBL for over 20yrs and this is the least amount of deer action I (we've) seen in that 20+yrs. All I can say is good luck. The best part about LBL is you can go a week and not see a buck and then the first one you see is a 150+ class. I killed my best bow buck 2 yrs ago a main frame 12 scoring 169 7/8. Keep us posted how your hunt is going.

6. Rowdy Yote

Rowdy Yote Fawn

Feb 3, 2015
    Got down here yesterday, haven't seen a deer or a acorn so far.

7. bowcrazy3

bowcrazy3 10 pointer

Aug 21, 2009
    Hunted there 5 days week before last. Enjoy the scenery and lack of public land pressure

8. Lost_in_the_woods

Lost_in_the_woods 6 pointer

Nov 15, 2008
    graves county
    I have hunted there the past two weekend and haven't seen much. Trying a new spot I found tomorrow morning I think. Hoping maybe this cold and the less wind will really have them moving in the morning

9. standsitten

standsitten 8 pointer

Mar 20, 2011
    Not looking good. Not any deer seen from the stand. All the spots used to hunt are dried up very little sign if any. Kinda sad in a way. Never seen as many hunters. Did have a Bob Cat come under me at 15 yards this afternoon. Still having fun though and blessed to be out there. Gonna keep on trying. Guess that's why they call it hunting. Lol

10. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I live close to Murray.... been driving through LBL twice a day for last 3 days heading to our farm in north Christian county. Agree on a lot of hunters ... been several parked on the side of hwy 80. Can only imagine if this is an indicator what other areas of LBL is getting. But that's probably more of a weekend thing. It should thin out tomorrow from past experience.

Which LBL is pretty much a tough place to hunt and no doubt deer numbers are down. But all in all... it's pretty slow in this area in general. Seen bucks cruising on my place for the last 3 days and had one close encounter where I almost let one fly Friday evening. I will say calls & scents are getting some response right now.

But that said.... didn't see any chasing at all ... and have pretty serous stand time in of late. I've seen a trivial amount of rubs and a few field edge scrapes I've seen that were fresh a few weeks ago are full of leaves and not being tended.

So I'm just relaying it's not just LBL that's slow. Which you well know this time of year your luck can change quick. Enjoy your time and good luck.

11. deerhunter82

deerhunter82 6 pointer

Nov 16, 2008
    Manchester, KY
    just got back from lbl last week. it was one of the weaker years we have seen and we hit the week the bad weather came. Good Luck!

12. standsitten

standsitten 8 pointer

Mar 20, 2011
    Thanks. Good luck to you too!

13. Rowdy Yote

Rowdy Yote Fawn

Feb 3, 2015
    Moved from 4 up to 1 yesterday afternoon to a spot I've hunted before, had 2 bucks chasing a doe, 1 small 1 decent. In the same spot this morning, been quite so so far.

14. Ky stump

Ky stump Fawn

Oct 5, 2015
    Got back yesterday. Two of us hunted 3 days and only saw 2 deer from the stand. Both small bucks. All does I saw on the trace did not have bucks with them. Hunted near Jenny ridge.

15. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    I saw more hunters ( or scouters) over the weekend than I've seen in years.