Late season dove

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Jacobhwrd, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Jacobhwrd

Jacobhwrd 6 pointer

Jan 26, 2014
    Richmond, Ky
    Since I have another two weeks for crow to open I am going to give late dove season a go this weekend. I have never attempted it though. Anyone have any words of advise on how to approach it this time of year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    Hmmm. It's pretty tough around here. What few birds are hanging around are grouped up. They all come in together unlike September. Its usually a two shot hunt.

3. riverview

riverview 8 pointer

Put on some miles and find the picked corn field they are using.

4. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Funny timing on this thread as I was thinking the same thing after seeing 30 plus doves on a power line going through a corn field next to my house.

5. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    doves are wearing out a bean field on a farm we deer hunt on.

6. T-wil69

T-wil69 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2015
    Once you shoot they will leave out

7. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Killed many late season limits on cut corn and beans. I almost prefer the late season to the September opener. Gives me something to do when there are no ducks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

8. Jacobhwrd

Jacobhwrd 6 pointer

Jan 26, 2014
    Richmond, Ky
    Lol I don't think I have ever heard such a broad spectrum of answers for a question before. I have heard :don't bother, hunt them the same, walk across feed sites to flush them out, only hunt along power lines and others. It seems like there is no solid way to approach it. We have taken dove this time of year but we were hunting other things and they just happen to present themselves. We will see this weekend how it goes I guess. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. bigredhunter

bigredhunter 6 pointer

Jan 30, 2012
    Boyle County
    I have never hunted late season, but with the warm weather and no ducks I'm thinking of giving it a try. I'm going to scout and find a corn field they are feeding on and them set up for them. I'm thinking the mojo dove should work great.