Late ML Day 2

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by xbokilla, Dec 15, 2019.

1. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    View attachment 73701 [/QUOTE]
    Congrats. What load combo did you go with?

2. turkeyfan

turkeyfan 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2004
    Richmond, KY
    All I seen so far here in Scott Co is a few snow flakes. It sure seems like a good evening

3. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Probably in the kitchen Ky
    Im told taking a deer in snowy conditions is kind of special looking.

4. Recurve77

Recurve77 8 pointer

Aug 7, 2012
    Landed at the airport in Louisville at 2:30 and in my blind at 4:00. Just a tad cooler here than the 86 degrees in Florida 2 days ago but I’m glad to be back in the deer woods. My wife not so much! Great calm cold afternoon with a front headed this way.

littlebear likes this.
  5. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    The smallest doe you ever saw tempted me. I confirmed it was a fawn and not my pessimism before deciding not to bust a cap. A young buck came out hot on her path then a button buck. All 3 came back and spend 10 minutes under my stand before finally retreating to the thick stuff. Fat does are scarce...

turkeyfan, Tiger10 and kyhunter99 like this.
  6. invasion36

invasion36 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2013
    Kenton Co
    Congrats. What load combo did you go with?[/QUOTE]
    . CVA Optima V2 150gr. Triple 7 and TC shockwaves or Hornady 250 grain bullet. Used to use the green powerbelts. The accuracy was great but never could get a pass through.

1wildcatfan likes this.
  7. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Couldn't hunt morning had to get my splitter and tractor out of the woods. Splitter tongue broke the other day hauling it out, was bout 1/3 way out when it broke. Next morning I went to get it out with the tractor, something hit the valve stem on the right front tire of the tractor and made my day even worse! :) Had to walk almost 2 miles home. That sucked but oh well. Got the tire off and into the Polaris, damn either I'm weak or that thing was super heavy. Ended up winching it in! :) Smorning I put the tire back on, ran to the splitter, chained it to the bucket and carried it home.

Tonite, sat alfalfa field. Bout 5:15 could hear a deer walking, had that buck walk sound to it. Couldn't find it in binos to save my life. Then it blew, couldn't have smelled or seen me don't know what that was bout. Anyhow it flipped it's tail and I could see horn. Then it walked over the hill and I lost it. But I could hear it walk all the way to my back field. Where I was gonna set but chose not to. :rolleyes: Looked like it was a descent buck but couldn't be sure.

8. 4 doe,s right at dark,work tomorrow off rest of the week

9. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    2 does at 5. Shot the larger one, but think I got her liver. No mule kick, and she ran off and did not crash that I could hear, but went down a grass strip. Good blood on the arrow and about 10 yards, bright, not dark. Then it started snowing like hell and couldn’t find anything. Going back in the morning to grid search.

kyhunter99 likes this.
  10. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Good luck to you Iceman, these temps should keep the meat if the yotes dont find her first.

11. turkeyfan

turkeyfan 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2004
    Richmond, KY
    Man you are correct on those big fatty does. I thought tonight was going to be awesome with front coming in but not do much. Ended up seeing 4 fawns. Going back on Wednesday for evening hunt.

12. Timholt70

Timholt70 6 pointer

Oct 25, 2019
    Christian county
    No deer movement in 2 days.tough hunting around here lately.

13. EastKYHardwoodHunter

EastKYHardwoodHunter 6 pointer

Mar 4, 2018
    Beattyville
    Seen nothing this evening myself. Hard hunting

14. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Now thats boggling with this front it should have been a sure thing unless the wind is blowing at your back.

15. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    My short story is. I grid searched the entire property for 4 hours. Nary a sign. I either shot her through the brisket, or she ran well of property before laying down and dying. Pretty disgusted with myself. Shot was little longer than I though, 25 yards vs 20, but should have calmed down and made a better shot. Thinking I'm hanging it up for the year, and starting fresh in September.