Last weekend of the season

bobkg3

Spike
Nov 2, 2014
Ok guys
Even tho it’s the last weekend of the season
How many of you wish you would of skipped it because looks like you actually killed two ?
Don’t think I’ll hunt any deer anymore after mid December
Is what it is but I’ve done it last two years and don’t like it

Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County
Ok guys
How many of you wish you would of skipped it because looks like you actually killed two ?
A doe killed in September won't have another fawn, same as one killed in January won't.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
Ok guys

To each their own, I’ll shoot a fawn off the teat. Killing a doe still lactating or bred early doesn’t bother me either. Just part of hunting.

Shooting a button buck does bother me, but not for emotional reasons.

bowhunter269

12 pointer
Nov 21, 2006
Fisherville, KY
Does shooting a doe and pulling out a embryo make a difference?
Guess I'll call tele check and check the 2nd one.
KDFW sets the season dates. I abide by them. For what it's worth, I hunt the last weekend every year. On many occasions, I have passed legal does within range "just because". Tonight I decided to kill one. For me, it's whatever I decide at that moment. This particular doe came in with her 2 fawns. They had survived a long season, and she missed making it by about 45 minutes. I suspect I'll be having bacon wrapped inner loin, grilled to 130 degrees in the next week. No regrets.

muddhunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2005
louisville
Contact your private lands biologist and get one of those fetus charts. It helps them gather data on the peak of the rut. We measure (not an actual tape measure) as many fetuses as we can recover during late season hunts.

where do you find the private lands biologist? I’d be interested in doing this for next year.

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
You can't get there from here.
Ok guys
It's more humane to let them have some fun before getting whacked. Also, they don't have to deal with teenagers in the fall.

Latest posts