Last time your license was checked?

jeepndeer

6 pointer
Nov 19, 2006
Very simple answer, when you least expect it! But seriously, last time was 3-4 years ago, when and where I least expected. But we a as a group (QDMA), work with all levels and several counties, so they would know if I (we) weren't keeping up! Plus I've already donated one to Hunters for the Hungry this year, and that particular processor is a CO, so you can better believe I had my ducks in a row!

Pops1960

6 pointer
Feb 4, 2011
Fishing license was check this summer while fishing Trammel Creek in Allen County.
Hunting license hasn't been checked in years.

thunderchicken09

10 pointer
Feb 4, 2008
Once fishing when i was a minor and once turkey hunting 4 years ago. Kept asking who owned the farm saying he thought someone else did. I guess having a key to the gate wasn't enough for him.

bullet225ho

6 pointer
Oct 25, 2004
Crooked Creek
I've been checked twice while deer hunting in the last 15 years. Wardens were waiting for us where we parked the truck just inside our gate. From reading the previous posts it's kind of dis-heartening to hear how many never get checked while deer hunting. I understand lots of land and few officers but courtesy checks would be nice. Years ago when I lived in KY i did get checked yearly while fishing and waterfowl hunting. They had no problem coming up to the boat or duck blind back then. Sounds like things haven't changed much on the fishing and migratory bird side of things.

dipits

8 pointer
Dec 20, 2003
Ky..
Every year in the 50's 60's and 70's a few times in the 80's then it stopped and was not checked until this year in a dove field.

kywallace69

12 pointer
Aug 18, 2008
Zone 1
1993 for me. Hunting a WMA in lawerance

I see them all the time where I hunt driving around but they never check me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ky.longbeard

10 pointer
May 15, 2010
When my dad was living the highlight of his year was the first weekend of squirrel season. We would camp every year and a couple of CO's would come by and have a cup of coffee with us,they were really nice guys.They checked us the first year ,but never asked to see our license after that.

pentail

Bacon
Staff member
Sep 25, 2002
Savoring the smoke
Fairly often when waterfowling public areas, a few times dove hunting, at least once on every trip to NM. Had the new CO for our area stop into the driveway last year while I was skinning one of Potroast's turkeys. I assumed it was either David or Jason, was a bit surprised to see someone I didn't know get out of the truck. He congratulated PR on his turkey and we shot the bull for a bit, then he was back in his truck and gone. Never did ask for confirmation number.

Been through a late night road block or two at LBL.

Latest posts