Last time your license was checked?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by zone1, Oct 24, 2014.

1. coach&hunt

coach&hunt 6 pointer

Dec 17, 2013
    Kentucky
    Game Warden came to my house when I had a doe hanging and asked me about 20 mins worth of questions but never asked to see if I had it tagged just asked and I offered documentation he said he was fine.

2. bigredhunter

bigredhunter 6 pointer

Jan 30, 2012
    Boyle County
    Just about every year either dove or waterfowl hunting.

3. HUNTZVT

HUNTZVT 12 pointer

Never been checked while hunting- unless you count tagging deer at check stations in TN. Got checked once in Arkansas trout fishing and once in Carter Co while fishing for smallmouth. That time, CO pulled up as we were getting our gear together at the truck. We had on camo waders and he thought we were trying to open turkey season a few weeks early. Once he saw the fishing gear, he was more friendly and spent about a half hour shooting the s--- with us.

4. richief

richief 10 pointer

Jun 20, 2012
    down a holler SE KY
    what license? lol

5. hootowlman

hootowlman 8 pointer

Feb 18, 2007
    I've been hunting 25 years and never had my hunting license checked. I deer hunt, turkey hunt, squirrel hunt and coon hunt and never been checked. But I have been checked for fishing license a bazillion times....

6. KHAdmin

KHAdmin 8 pointer

Aug 17, 2012
    This past early wood duck season near Barren Lake. Same time and place as last year.

7. Monster01

Monster01 8 pointer

Dec 9, 2013
    Once fishing never hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. sacmarata

sacmarata 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2014
    there
    Dove hunting every year in public fields. Only when I was a minor fishing and never deer, turkey or small game hunting.

9. jtgrin2

jtgrin2 6 pointer

Oct 14, 2009
    never. only time ive ever heard of my buddies being checked was at a family dove shoot and i dont even think they were checked the gw was most likely there to shoot the shhh

10. deerturkey14

deerturkey14 6 pointer

Oct 29, 2012
    Louisville
    I get checked every year fishing at rough river. About five years ago I bought my first sportmans license. We were bowhunting the WMA in Taylorsville and about to leave when two game wardens pulled in behind us and blocked us. One old timer and a new young rookie. We BS for a few minutes and the old timer says "hell, while I got you all here we will go ahead and check your hunting licenses. Well I pull mine out and hand it to the young guy. He looks at it for a few seconds and takes a step back while putting one hand on top of his side arm and says "Okay...I see your license. Now show me your deer tags." Now I knew the sportsman covered everything but when he questioned it I started doubting myself and started to panic and stutter like a eight year old in the principles office. finally the other warden said "what's going on over there." The rookie said "this fella doesn't have a deer tag" I began to smell the load that was trying to drop out my backside about the time the old timers said "damn boy, that's a sportsmans license. He's got it all covered." He looks a me and laughs and said sorry about that.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  11. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    3-4 yrs ago in Bardstown. had two deer on a trailer and they both belonged to my two sons. Game wardens were great with the boys. explained what and why they were checking. they gave the boys some "trinkets". they made a very positive impression on the boys, and because of that they make sure they tag properly and know the regs.

12. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Back in the 1980's and only then because we were camping out and the neighboring farmer called the warden. I've only been checked twice in my 60 year lifetime and I've fished and hunted since I was 12 years old.

13. Brutus Hedgeapple

Brutus Hedgeapple 10 pointer

Jul 30, 2002
    South Central Ky.
    I got checked one time huntin about 20 yrs ago just up the road from the house. It was bowseason but there was a report of a poacher in the area. I was bowhuntin legally and he was quick to move on.
    Been checked many times fishin.

14. Blevins Gap Outdoors

Blevins Gap Outdoors 12 pointer

Nov 9, 2002
    Louisville, KY
    Back in September shooting doves and in April 2013 coming out of the turkey woods.

15. Tman6493

Tman6493 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2013
    Louisville
    Never hunting. They did check my shotgun for a plug dove hunting last year at yellowbank. Twice fishing on nolin 2 years ago back to back days and the second day was in the middle of a tournament.