Last day of modern rifle. Who's up?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Thomas Roberts, Nov 29, 2020.

1. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Two fox squirrels chasing each other got me warmed up. Just knew it was gonna be a wall hanger.
    Then, 8:15, neighbor target practicing.

xbokilla and rockhousehunter like this.
  2. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    In at Ft. Knox, beautiful here too. Good luck men.

3. woodsman92

woodsman92 8 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    Im in the stand again this morning. Had one doe come in first thing this morning and bust me. Should have just shot her while she was standing there blowing. Haven’t seen anything since

4. One dandy broke up 8pt,g2 broken off one side,g3 broke off other side,6pt with him,seen 2 spikes,2 small doe,looking for mule head,didnt start out foggy,but foggy as hell now

rockhousehunter likes this.
  5. Kylongrifle32

Kylongrifle32 Spike

Jan 13, 2019
    Owen co.
    Sitting in my stand in pendleton county. Haven't see a deer in 4 days. Something's gotta change I HOPE.

6. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    This seems to be a reoccurring theme across the forum. I don’t wish bad on anyone but kind of glad it’s not just me not seeing deer.

tbrothers and carnivore like this.
  7. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    Neighbors boy just stopped at house showing off his buck. Had two fighting about 50 yards from him. Looser ran in front of him and he got him. He was proud as a peacock and still excited to be able to watch it. We are going out tonight to do doe patrol. Buddy is on his way from Lex. Going to church then pull boloney off smoker and I have beans on stove. Gonna gorge ourselves on smoked baloney brown beans and cornbread. Then fart ourselves to death in shooting house. Lol. Gonna have fun prolly never see a deer but don’t care. Gonna be a good day.

WILD, Feedman, riverboss and 7 others like this.
  8. Jonah Strauel

Jonah Strauel Fawn

Sep 11, 2019
    Liberty,ky
    Shot a doe on public in adair county with my compound. Seen 3 other doe and a forky

CRFmxracer, Nock, woodsman92 and 2 others like this.
  9. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    I think the unlimited does and other new rules have caught up with us, seen less deer this year than since I was a kid when they were few at far between....

hotdog, kyhunter99 and xbokilla like this.
  10. Tankt

Tankt 10 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    I remember a few years ago I went to the farm and my uncle and cousin's husband were target shooting....during gun season, no orange. Couldn't help but SMH

11. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    Seen 3 does and something snuck by us by itself. Couldn’t ever tell what it was. It was a deer but that’s all we know.

12. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Still in the kitchen Ky
    Welp, if your numbers are down you could always stop shooting does, and kill yotes and raccoons year round. Could only help.
    Also toss lots of corn through the winter to help avoid post rut mortality.

13. captfire

captfire 6 pointer

Oct 13, 2015
    went this morning seen 4 does didn't shoot them got one opening day[freezer meat] but seen some bucks but not any big ones so I let them walk . i'll pick up my crossbow in a few days give the wood and deer time to settle down if it don't work out we've got muzzle season in December[12-20] hope that wall hanger is on the ground by then. good luck every one just enjoy to time we have out their we get to see things most don't get to see in a life time...

hotdog, Maximus and kyhunter99 like this.
  14. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    Hunted bottoms. Saw 1 doe and a bunch of turkeys. Dad was up top in a buddy stand over looking corn in a crp field, he didn’t see anything.

15. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    I still hunted. Saw two does. And got caught up in the middle of two intense chases. There was 10 total in two different bunches. Four crossed by me at 6ft and one in back came within 4 ft. Almost touched him. To bad it was fox squirrels. :( I did video it. And was entertaining to see. There were making a sound close to a grunt as well.