LaRue County

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Austin Streicher, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Jesse James

Jesse James Fawn

Sep 21, 2007
    Central Kentucky
    I live near levelwoods Rd. The farmers out here shoot deer when they get a chance and just leave them lay. Last summer they went out at night with lights and killed everything they could. I've seen them in the fields several times.They don't care if they kill them or just gut shoot them, as long as they die. I found 3 last summer the coyotes had fed on. I sat out and counted 38 shots in one night last Sept. I talked to a guy that told me he saw 19 deer caresses at the edge of a soy bean field. It's not right but there isn't a thing that you can do about it.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  2. N3tT3chMan

N3tT3chMan Spike

Sep 10, 2009
    Louisville
    No wonder i never see "monsters"... that sucks that there aint nothing that can be done about it :-\

3. scsims

scsims 10 pointer

We had this guy off Leafdale Rd. this year. One of the farmers around there said they got him during gun season.

[​IMG]

4. Jesse James

Jesse James Fawn

Sep 21, 2007
    Central Kentucky
    Nice deer but probably 20 or 25 miles from Levelwoods Rd. May be a little closer as the crow flies. I firmly believe the deer have learned to stay away from this area. I hope they start coming back but as long as the farmers shoot at them when ever they see them I doubt they will. Deer learn quickly. I don't blame the farmers I know the deer destroy a lot of crops every year. I just don't think shooting them out of season and and leaving them lay is the answer.

5. deerslayer61

deerslayer61 6 pointer

Dec 17, 2003
    vine grove, kentucky.
    I hunt Larue county all the time. I would have to agree that when it comes to the remote bottoms, that is where most of the poaching is done. Where I hunt it's bigg hills and bottoms. While gun hunting this year we heard shooting down in the bottoms below where we were hunting. My buddy and I got out of our stands to check out the shooting, since it was on his property. We discovered that somebody had just pulled off the gravel road and decided to do some target shooting right there. I'm not sure how some of these people think sometime. It was a strange season this year. I have never seen so many bucks during the gun season. The only problem was, most of them were young bucks and I let them walk. Actually managed to see more bucks then does. Hopefully it all equates to bigger bucks next year. Have to get rid of alot of yotes also.

6. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nov 14, 2005
    VP OF ADMIN Development
    What do you mean there is nothing you can do about it? The CO has worked very hard to eliminate poaching in the area, and has made several cases from tips. He was led on a long car chase by a habitual poster. He was a real go getter. He moved on, but the area has a new, young CO, who I have been told is also aggresive in the fight. His name is Brandon Boone, call him.

7. Jesse James

Jesse James Fawn

Sep 21, 2007
    Central Kentucky
    I'm sure the CO knows what's going on out here. Understand, these people believe they are protecting their livelihood. If I caught someone red handed I'd do something but I'm not going to approach someone off my property. And I'm not going to point my finger with hear say.

8. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    I've seen them in the fields several times.They don't care if they kill them or just gut shoot them, as long as they die. I found 3 last summer the coyotes had fed on. I sat out and counted 38 shots in one night last Sept. I talked to a guy that told me he saw 19 deer caresses at the edge of a soy bean field. It's not right but there isn't a thing that you can do about it."

I'm confused.......what's the "hear say" you refer to...........your post says you've seen them in the fields, you've found the dead deer, and you counted 38 shots in one night ..... ????? you make these accusations on a public forum, yet you don't want to "point my finger with hear say".......dude, make the phone call or quit complainin'

9. dray223

dray223 10 pointer

Mar 11, 2010
    Yea if you counted 38 shots in one night and didnt call the co, sheriff or anyone with a badge, and then come on here and blab about it, well that makes you look really stupid.