Land

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Up for discussion Land
You can buy part of this farm for hunting and a place to relax, small creek, 65 to 70 acres @ $2500 per acres
Second option is the whole 95+ acres @3000 per acre
The farm lays all in one piece.
Great easy access to the property. If the back part is sold it will need entrances worked on some.
Good soil, lots of deer, turkeys and have seen several rabbits a long with some quail.
Has two entrances by county road.
Back section has 2500 ft road frontage with city water along the road , Electric lines run across the property.
Top entrance was to the home that is there with city water and electric and lays at the end of the road so no one will be passing this property, ( Privacy)
This is the whole farm undivided. We would like to keep the top porting and sell the back part . That is most the darker green area.
01wj91H.png

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Northern part of Bath County
This is the part we would like to keep.
hrBfm4p.png

Last edited:

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
If you drive Fleming to Mt. Sterling on 11 in the wee hours. Right where this land lays is the only place in Bath county you have to respect the deer. Saw a pretty good one this morning and thought of this post.
Yes there is some big ones around that area. I saw some that my brother in law took off this farm and they were BIG. Seen some trail cam pictures of biggens but I can not get my hands on them.
I did take this picture where he was salting deer and there have been no cattle on this farm for over 17 years now.
G0bUfFk.jpg

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Deer season is getting closer and farms like this one does not come up for sale very often.
Buy part of the farm or buy it all.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Still up for sale . Either the 70 acres or whole 98 acres $2500 per acre. City water , electric and county roads.
Land has clear and easy county road access. Need a good cleaning up. Great place to raise a family and hunt.

Farm looks bad right now because it has grown up and has no livestock on the farm. Nothing has been on this farm for over 17 years.
Lots of great deer and turkeys.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Just to let everyone know.
The other family members are forcing the sale.
We are accepting offers on this farm until October 1st and the highest offer gets the farm.

If I had the money, I would keep this farm because I know the farm well, but the other two are wanting money.
This would be a great place to raise a family with lots of privacy and lots of places for growing crops, raising cattle or just for hunting.

Google map says the farm is 50 miles east of Lexington.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Im really surprised this has not sold at the asking price -or more- considering the prices I see elsewhere in the region.
I agree and I know I’d buy it if I had the money but I’m eyeballing retirement in the next couple years and just can’t take on the payment.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Taking Offers end at 6 pm tonight and is selling cheap. Highest offer gets it.
That is what happens when family get greedy.
If I had of came up with two thirds of the money, I would have bought them out, cleaned the place up and resold it even though it i is breaking my wife's heart.
The farm should have been auctioned but we had no choice.

Latest posts