Land for Sale 32k

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Kentucky Charlie, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Kentucky Charlie

Kentucky Charlie Fawn

Mar 18, 2019
    Henry County KY
    I have a 9 acre piece of land that I bought with the intention of making camping place/weekend get away.

It's on county maintained gravel road. It has 1 acre flat land with a well, running creek and electric pole. The rest is wooded. We have killed a few deer and turkeys but it hasn't been hunted in 3 years.

It's 4 miles to the nearest store. 3 miles to the Kentucky River. 15-20 to KY RIVER WMA with 5 different areas and over 3500 acres open to us with great hunting and fishing all over. 4 miles to a boat ramp that will get you on the Kentucky river above and below lock #2.

Bring your ATV's or 4x4s MudMaddness 4x4 park is just 15min away.
    6mile creek is just a bit further down the gravel road and offers some great remote kayaking.

There's alot to do in the area. You could go in with few guys and build a cabin or make RV parking and hit the woods from there.

I'm selling because I bought a farm on the other side of the WMA and haven't had time to fool with this place. Check Realtor for land prices in my area. YOu'll see this a very fair price.

Email me for pictures and more info.
    CharlieThompson@gmail.com

SatMap from Google
    https://goo.gl/maps/bMScRB7oMxKx4ns57

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  2. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

The laws on ATV use is simple....You can't operate a ATV or UTV on a Public roadway period gravel or not. Only a farmer can do so and that is for a limited distance such as one field to another on their own land.

3. kyduck1

kyduck1 6 pointer

Apr 9, 2012
    Tell that to the eastern KY locals...I've never seen so many atv or utv on pavement in all my life

4. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Isn’t there are part of Harlan or a town nearby that legalized riding on main roads?

5. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 10 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    Yes there is because you have to hit parts of the blacktop to access the atv trails. It's not like they are racing down the streets, just a outdoor fun. Farmers can ride atv and side by side if they have orange triangle

kyarcher likes this.
  6. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 10 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    I wish KY would legalize side by side on road. Ever been to Tennessee. It crazy at Gatlinburg and pigeon forge, and golf carts

7. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 10 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
  8. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Have you ever actually been to Kentucky?

9. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Yep a few times...LOL. I see in the local paper almost every week where someone is fined for riding a ATV or UTV on the public roadways around here. they hit them with about a $200 fine. I even had a new CO once try and tell me I couldn't cross the public road on mine. Said I was not a farmer. I called his bluff and he shut up. I own property off a county road but live on a private road and cross the public road to more private property where I ride down part (about 150 yards) of it to a driveway on the property line that is half on the property we own so I was trespassing but he forgot one small thing, I am the property manager on the private property I ride down the edge. I think he was just looking to write a ticket IMO. I never rode on the public roadway just across it. Didn't even hit the right of way which is 12 foot off the edge of the blacktop except to cross.

10. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    I ride my atv and my sxs on county roads when necessary. Most of the times the cops throw their hand up and wave. Now, roadways within city limits, they will get ya over those if youre acting like a fool, but if you are just traveling like a normal person, they usuallt leave you be.

11. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 10 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    That might work in rural county's. I don't see you riding a side by side down the roads of Richmond and Lexington

12. 300winmag

300winmag 12 pointer

Sep 1, 2009
    Taylorsville
    Dad rides his Ranger down US 68 for 2-3 from his house to the farm and never gets questioned.

13. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

You are allowed to ride farm to farm, cross any road except interstate just not pleasure riding. Seems I read someplace a distance it was legal to do. That's what the new CO didn't understand. I have no idea why except he just wanted to write a ticket that day.

14. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 10 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    Yes it is legal to ride in county road as long as you have an orange triangle on the back

15. bigbonner

bigbonner 10 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Just because you rode a ATV on a road and never have got caught does not make it legal , it just means that you have not gotten caught by the right police officer who wants to write a ticket.
    From what I know ( That ain't much) all ATV ( I don't know if side by side has to have a helmet) riders are suppose to ware helmets except farmers . We can get by without a helmet.

JR PORTER likes this.