Lame rut!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by ddwhitetails, Nov 3, 2015.

1. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    That explains it..... good luck.

2. Jerod

Jerod 10 pointer

Oct 30, 2008
    KY
    It appears a trickle rut here in mad co. BUT I think it'll bust loose this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. THem deer don't wanna run around in a winter coat during the day at 80 degrees no more than you or I. Happening at night. It will happen regardless of the heat.

4. deerturkey14

deerturkey14 6 pointer

Oct 29, 2012
    Louisville
    I feel bad for folks in Texas. They prolly have no rut at all with their temps.jk
    Deer don't care about the cold fronts or the lack of. A buck is not much different than us guys, if a girl is walking around ready to go we will go after it. Hell even if she is not ready we will chase her until she gives in.

5. useyourbow

useyourbow 12 pointer

I think we should start at least ten more threads about the weather and then maybe the weather will change. This weekend's lows look to be in the mid 30's so not sure what the complaining is about. I see more deer when the temps are above 32 than below 32. Just saying.

6. Farrier85

Farrier85 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2015
    Heck I'd just like to be able to get in the woods and hunt regardless of temp. I can drink beer in the stand weather it's 70 or 30 hahaha takin off Saturday thru Wednesday of rifle hope I can get it done, don't care either way just ready for some time in the woods

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

7. docbuck

docbuck 10 pointer

Nov 28, 2014
    western ky
    Dont feel too bad for the folks in texas, I hunt south central texas every year after the season here is over. Post rut, I see 20 to 30 shootable bucks per evening down there, small deer ,big racks. I still prefer to bowhunt in Ky, but shooting big racked bucks in January in shorts and tshirt is not a terrible thing.

8. docbuck

docbuck 10 pointer

Nov 28, 2014
    western ky
    sorry, just read post again, sarcasm, i missed the JK, but i do agree. I had 3 does at 73 degrees tonight acting like they would at 23 degrees, until my dog chased them off at sunset. She almost got to go to heaven, hahaha

9. 150PandY

150PandY BBBC Members

Sep 9, 2004
    Frankfort, KY, USA.
    I think this weekend is going to be great. Every year when the temps take a dive the first week in november, you better be in the stand. Like some have said, the rut will happen regardless. A few years back I killed a 135" buck the end of november in short sleeves. He was chasing a doe and after i shot him another buck came over the ridge chasing the same doe. I think the differnce is the does just dont move as much when its hot and limits what you see. Get close to a bedding area this weekend and wait.

10. just me

just me 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2013
    Best rut ever....

11. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Not in Garrard. I've not seen a buck chasing a doe and I've hunted 9 days straight.

12. thunderchicken09

thunderchicken09 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    I have a long drive to work and ive noticed on the overcast or rainy days ive been seeing bucks chase like crazy along the AA. Yesterday morning and night i saw two big bucks chasing hard right in someones driveway. This morning goin home it was cold and the sun was really bright didnt see but like 3 does just eating in a field. I think the bright sun keeps them from moving more than anything from what I have noticed over the years and this year for sure.

13. Mob169"

Mob169" 6 pointer

Aug 14, 2010
    Super hard cruising on the right days. Weather considering, this rut has been excellent.