KY Lake

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by mcdenney, Jun 9, 2011.

1. mcdenney

mcdenney 12 pointer

Dec 16, 2002
    Wildcat Country, USA.
    Anybody having any luck? Caught about 30 today with 6 keepers (biggest was 5lbs) until the heat ran us off the lake. I would say our best 5 weighted 14-15lbs. Man was it hot! Whew! Drunk everything we had in the boat but the gas!

2. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    Guys at work say the ledge bite is decent but I haven't been out.

One of them had 17-3 in a weeknight tourny yesterday evening.

3. ecmbowhunter

ecmbowhunter Elitist Bowhunter

Feb 17, 2004
    at the Elite Level
    No luck here. I can throw a rock into the lake from my house but have yet to launch the boat.

4. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    I was out a few evenings ago, the Ledge fishing is good for Bass, and Crappie. I caught some good Crappie a few weeks ago, the ones that I posted on this forum.

http://www.kentuckyhunting.net/foru...726-A-few-KY-Lake-Crappie-from-a-few-days-ago.

I talked to a guy last week at Paris Landing boat ramp, and he has been catching really good numbers of Bass, and Bluegill during the past 2 weeks. He said the Smallmouth have even been biting in the evenings, and into the night.

I don't really care for fishing tournaments but, the Triton Owners Tournmant was last week on KY Lake, it was a 2 day event, the winning team had 52 pounds of Bass, and the top 10 teams all had over 30 pounds of Bass in just 2 days.

The winning team caught 30 pounds of bass in 1 day, that means they had 5 Bass that had a combined weight of 30 pounds. That is great, especially considering it was 98 degrees outside. So the Bass fishing on the Ledges is good right now.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  5. mcdenney

mcdenney 12 pointer

Dec 16, 2002
    Wildcat Country, USA.
    A little better bite yesterday, must of caught close to 90 (at least) with 12 good keepers but nothing over 3lbs. Lost some keepers at the boat including one monster that cleaned my clock. It was every cast for at least an hour in one spot.

6. BunnyBuster

BunnyBuster 10 pointer

Aug 21, 2005
    Garrison, KY
    You guys kill me!! After just coming from there. Someone give me a job. I need more western KY. All we have here is monster bucks. What a tradeoff.

7. westkybanded

westkybanded 12 pointer

Feb 23, 2004
    Murray, Kentucky, USA.
    Yep. Island deer leave a LOT to be desired.

8. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    Yeah, it's a good area, the lakes offer a quarter of a million acres of water, plus there is over 350,000 acres of public hunting land in this area- LBL, Fort Campbell, KY Lake WMA, Clarks River NWR, Pennyrile, and a few others.

And to top that off the ohio river is within 25 miles of KY Lake, and Reelfoot Lake, and the Mississippi River is within a fairly close drive.LOL

9. turk2di

turk2di Cyber-Hunter

Feb 25, 2003
    evansville, ind
    Caught several 2lb bass Saturday Near Mineral Mounds, the bite was slow Sunday but caught several more. lost 2 good ones i never saw!
    [​IMG]

10. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    That's a good looking Bass