KY Afield Grouse Segment

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by jkurtkrauss, Feb 8, 2008.

1. jkurtkrauss

jkurtkrauss Fawn

Feb 13, 2006
    Lexington
    Anyone see the Grouse segment on KY Afield recently? Good footage.

I was sad to see Roger Hurst passed. I knew he'd been ill for some time. Hell of a nice guy and real grouse nut. I hunted with him many years ago. He loved his shorthairs.

2. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    I saw that. Good segment. I figure a grouse hunt is the most challenging piece you could ever try to film. To actually get a bird falling on camera, even if it was too quick to see, is a real feat.

I didn't know Hurst but it was obvious he knew his stuff. I'd never be brave enough to invite a camera crew along on a hunt like he did. Too much to go wrong, too much opportunity to make me look bad.:eek:

3. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    I haven't seen the show but would like to. Do they post those on their site?

4. Huntinis4me

Huntinis4me 6 pointer

Dec 17, 2005
    Shelbyville, KY.
    Seen the show. Great footage.

5. I DVR them all that was a good segment. Like trust me said getting a bird to drop on camera is a real task. Its hard enough to get a pic of the dogs on point.

6. KY Grouse Hunter

KY Grouse Hunter 6 pointer

Nov 2, 2007
    Southeastern Kentucky
    The footage was suprisingly good compared to other shows like the ones on the outdoor channel.

7. thunderchicken09

thunderchicken09 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    I have not jumped a grouse in years. Is that what i hear drumming when i am deer hunting around big cedar thickets?