Kitchen aid

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by kyoutdoorsman, Mar 26, 2020.

1. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    The grinder attachment, does anyone have one with the plastic meat grinder or the metal. Does the plastic work without issues, hate to burn up wife's grinder

2. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    You tell her that you just might burn her grinder up, and there's nothing she can do about it!

3. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    I've got the plastic one. I've used it for a few deer. It works just fine. The mixer is still going strong. I've only managed to bog it down and overheat it to the point it shut off making bread dough in it.

kyoutdoorsman likes this.
  4. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    It works ok. If you can, get a regular neat grinder. It will serve you better.

5. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    That is true. My $75-80 meat grinder does it faster than the Kitchen Aid one does. But I still use the kitchen aid one if I'm grinding up a small amount for something like maybe making some sausage from a pork butt.

6. I’ve ground several hundred pounds through my el cheapo white plastic grinder attachment without issue. Unless you’re grinding up a deer or two a week it will be fine and could probably handle that.

bondhu and barney like this.