Killed out

sheperd

10 pointer
Nov 4, 2003
Bardstown, Ky
Killed my second bird of the year at 705 this morning. I had 4 longbeards come in right off the roost. The one I killed was small at 17 lbs. But it had a 9 1/2 inch beard and 3/4 inch spurs. A good 2 yr old. Both of my gobblers have weighed under 20 lbs this yr. Thats kind of unusual for our farm, they usually weigh 20 plus.

Thank God for the chance to do it one more year. Good luck to those still hunting and be safe.

Attachments

• 100_0985.jpg
    100_0985.jpg
    1,021.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

sheperd

10 pointer
Nov 4, 2003
Bardstown, Ky
I didn''t have a chance to call. As soon as they flew down they came right in to the decoys. This was a good morning for gobbling on the roost. I heard more on the roost today than any so far.

wkyoutdoorsman

10 pointer
Jan 13, 2009
Trying to slow down this train
I heard more gobbling yesterday on the roost than I have probably the rest of the season combined thus far. We couldn't get setup as close to the birds as we would have liked to because we had to cross a pasture as they were roosting in the opposite wood line not far from the field, prolly within 15-20 yards from the pasture. But soon after they flew down we did not hear one more gobble. I know where they are roosting now so I think the next chance I have to get out I may try a different setup and come up from behind where they're roosting if possible. Congrats again BTW!

Latest posts