Kentucky River WMA quota hunt

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Rheath, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Rheath

Rheath 8 pointer

Feb 18, 2010
    Owen County
    I'm sure you are not wrong. There are still some nice ones that cruise those parcels though and make it through the season though. I have some pretty impressive sheds to prove it. I have no doubt that there will be a couple bruisers taken during this quota. Ideally they would randomly assign a certain amount of hunters per tract however as I previously stated it will probably be free for all so I personally would hop out on a tract that doesn't show any promising sign near a far edge and let a doe bring a buck to me and sit all day hoping for hunters to push deer to me tracking deer or going in for lunch. Thus far hunting the KY River WMA's years past has always been disappointing for me with 20 or more hunters trying to pattern the same summer buck to only have the dove hunter's (no offense) destroy patterns and make deer disappear the week before archery starts but that is public land hunting and I have seen a lot of good buck during November just out of ethical shooting distance for me with my bow.

2. fast82

fast82 6 pointer

Dec 12, 2010
    I'm saving all my preference points for when they add the Higg Henry quota hunt. Or maybe Yellowbank quota hunt.