Kentucky Grouse Hunters Association Banquet

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Drahts, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    We are pleased to announce that the 24th Annual KGHA Banquet will be held at Meadowview Weddings and Events near Morehead, Ky on Saturday, February 29, 2020. This venue offers easy access from I-64 and is directly across Ky-801 from Comfort Inn and Suites. Doors will open at 5:00 and dinner will be served at 6:00. There will be gun raffles, door prizes, guest speakers, silent auction items and a live auction. Please make arrangements to attend. We hope to make this the biggest and best banquet yet! Remember this event is offered at no cost to paid members and memberships may be purchased at the door. Individual memberships are $15 and Family memberships are $25 for up to 4 members. Hope to see a full house!

The address is 2575 Ky Hwy 801 North, Morehead, Ky 40351.

Catering for the 24th Annual KGHA Banquet will be provided by Pop’s Southern Style BBQ. This award winning restaurant has provided delicious food to Rowan, Bath and surrounding counties for many years and we are happy to announce their participation in making this year’s banquet a success.

daniel harris likes this.
  2. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    Now, if there was still some Grouse around.........

bigbonner and ManofManyStangs like this.
  3. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    I flew 5 yesterday!

KY Swamp Beagler likes this.
  4. Deadbeat

Deadbeat 6 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Frenchburg
    Been a long time since I flew 5 different birds in KY, kudos to you.

5. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Was an uptick in #s from what I've seen. I haven't shot one in the 4 years I've had the farm and won't until I see a good jump. Doing everything I can do predator wise and habitat wise. Lots of beechnuts this year so hoping for continued growth! But if I go out and shoot em we'll never see that uptick! Work dogs, enjoy the time outdoors and pray god shines down on the grouse! :)

Rod S. likes this.
  6. bigbonner

bigbonner 10 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    5 is good , maybe they will make a come back .
    I have not seen a Grouse for so long now I wonder if there is any left in my neck of the woods.
    801 is close to me , do you know what the topic's will be?

7. Deadbeat

Deadbeat 6 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Frenchburg
    801 around Rowan county? I haven't jumped many there in a long time if that is where you are talking about.

8. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    Where I hunt deer , in the 80s and early 90s we used flush birds every time we went in the woods just walking the main drag roads. In the last 20 years, we haven't seen or heard 12 birds total, and none in the last 5. There's probably more food and cover now than there was then. Believe me, they weren't killed out by hunters.