Kentucky Football is BAAACK!!! Sadly enough...

CalebConn16

8 pointer
May 27, 2016
I'm not down on them for this one game. If you guys can't remember what we had a few years ago you have a mighty short memory. We are not even close to what we were. There will be bad games. We will have issues still....but we still have a shot at MOST games we play.
We have a shot at every game we have left. Mizzou is beating Georgia to start the 4th.

TripleGee

12 pointer
Sep 13, 2003
Somerset
I'm not down on them for this one game. If you guys can't remember what we had a few years ago you have a mighty short memory. We are not even close to what we were. There will be bad games. We will have issues still....but we still have a shot at MOST games we play.

This thread is mostly about how KY can just flat out flop at times. I was at the LSU game where the gatorade was already poured on Guy Morriss and then that damn pass crushed our joy. Ha!

CalebConn16

8 pointer
May 27, 2016
UK should have won by double digits. This game just gets added to a long list of heartbreaking losses. Tenn over the Cats by 2 TDs, maybe more.
But on the bright side, they did beat the spread.
I agree they should have one. 5 points left on the field plus 2 gimme touchdowns erased. But like I said absolutely nothing that can’t be cleaned up. I just want to beat Tennessee. I hate Tennessee. They have undoubtedly the most unabashedly terrible fan base in all of college sports. It’s not close.

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
Tennessee will curb stomp uk. So will Georgia. Uk is mediocre at best. They belong no where near the top 10. That was a farce. Yesterday was a “must win.” Same old same old

Reactions: Bee

DH13

12 pointer
Jan 13, 2012
Shelby county
Are you seriously blaming the kicker?!?
The Kentucky Wildcats lose an absolutely heartbreaking game down in Oxford to the Ole Miss Rebels, 22-19.

Kentucky in this one made mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake in this one and simply could not get out of their own way.

The special teams unit left five points on the field due to two missed/blocked extra points and kicker Matt Ruffalo missed a 39-yarder early in the game.

The most painful of all, however, were the final two drives. Will Levis was hit hard in the air after going airborne to try and gain a first down and fumbled.

After a 3-and-out, Kentucky gained the ball back and was set up big time by Barion Brown to get Inside the 10-yard line.

Levis connected with Dane Key on what was thought to be a go-ahead touchdown, but twas then wiped away by an illegal procedure penalty. The very next play Levis was stripped and the Rebels recovered.

This is a loss that will haunt Mark Stoops and the Wildcats for the rest of the season. They can still have a great season, but they needed this one to have a truly special season.

mwezell

12 pointer
Jan 22, 2006
Auburn, KY
Lots of reasons they lost yesterday but it was clear that UK was the better team on the field. The o-line needs to improve and Levis needs to learn to feel pressure better and get rid of the ball a tad sooner. They are just a tick away from being very good. Mistakes cost them that game, be it kicking, qb play or the o-line. Lots of areas you can point the finger at but they were playing the number 14 team in the country and UK was the better team and shoulda won that game. So no, they're not terribly over rated. The defense is special but they had too much pressure put on them by the offensive mistakes yesterday. I would expect UGA to win but they looked beatable too, testerday. I think UK can stay with anyone. Get a break here and there and play mistake free ball, and I can see UK beating UGA and UT but I can also see them losing to both. Lace em up and lets see what happens.