Kennett in SEMO next year

Rob DeHaven

10 pointer
Apr 19, 2006
on the road
it's a pretty typical response to ask "who are you hunting with" when someone says they booked a hunt to hunt somewhere. You are not special in that regard. I'll agree with BM that I don't believe you will enjoy the hunt since you are judgey mcjudgerson. Personally I could give a rip who you hunt with.

B.M. Barrelcooker

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2006
Aintry,Ky
It's just nature of the beast when money is involved.
Nobody wants to pay too much but everyone wants an awesome hunt.

I can't imagine being an outfitter and having to deal with folks expectations when being totally at the mercy of uncontrollable factors such as weather and peabrained birds.
Sounds like a recipe for frustration to me.
On all sides.

Duster

12 pointer
Dec 14, 2001
Up in the woods above Lake Malone
It's just nature of the beast when money is involved.
Nobody wants to pay too much but everyone wants an awesome hunt.

I can't imagine being an outfitter and having to deal with folks expectations when being totally at the mercy of uncontrollable factors such as weather and peabrained birds.
Sounds like a recipe for frustration to me.
On all sides.
That's something one has to factor in, nobody can control the weather. We seen that not long ago when we got hit with 50 to 60 mph south winds and every snow goose in the area headed north overnight. Never one complaint over that, in fact the guide got a $600 tip and several boxes of shell's at the end of the hunt. What gets to me is like on the first trip down there when the outfitter (Top Gun) gives a safety speech first thing then breaks his own rules in the first 10 minutes of shooting light with 10,000 geese overhead and continued to do so the rest of the hunt. And causing us to miss out on shooting. Rule # 1 Nobody is supposed to be in front of the blinds for any reason..that is unless I get a phone call then everyone just hold up until I walk around in front of everyone and get this hunt booked. It will only take 15 minutes or so. Several other of his own rules were broken along the way.

Duster

12 pointer
Dec 14, 2001
Up in the woods above Lake Malone
$500 to $600 a trip for outfitter and tip, motel's, license, food depends on the number of days and where. The SEMO trip is $150 a day per man, if we went the day before it is $300 per man due to duck season being in. And a couple of the regulars don't want to put out that much. Ran across a local motel that has bunkhouse room with beds for 6, full kitchen and 3 baths for $120 a night. Hard to beat $20 each and looks decent and is a 10 minute drive to the pit I understand. We will take 2 vehicles and split the fuel cost whatever vehicle you ride in. License in MO is $11 a day, state waterfowl stamp $9 and federal stamp must be had. No free Arkansas conservation season license this time. Those hunts were in the $175 per day range. Meals are up to you..some like steak some like fast food. If we do well and manage to get some Specks next trip may be into Tennessee for Sandhill's.

Giveem3outdoors

12 pointer
Jan 18, 2009
ohio county ky
it's a pretty typical response to ask "who are you hunting with" when someone says they booked a hunt to hunt somewhere. You are not special in that regard. I'll agree with BM that I don't believe you will enjoy the hunt since you are judgey mcjudgerson. Personally I could give a rip who you hunt with.
you'd think they'd ask him for GPS coordinates to a prized public land hole I've never seen anyone that wouldn't tell you the outfitter they were using well besides a guy i know that went on one of those tame mallard hunts one time.

littleboots

6 pointer
Sep 24, 2008
Duster I think I know who it is based on what you said. Did he use to work at Final Flight? If so I have hunted with him Did a excellent job calling ducks

Latest posts