Kennett in SEMO next year

Duster

12 pointer
Dec 14, 2001
Up in the woods above Lake Malone
Deposits send and received for a 2 day Specklebelly hunt Jan 29th & 30th 2018 for 6 of us. These days are the first two days of Mo late goose season. I was in contact with a outfitter who in turn hooked us up with the guy who he says taught him everything he knows about Speck's. Motel reservations made for 3 nights in Kennett that we hope works out. Bunk house type room that sleeps 6 with full kitchen and 3 baths for $120 a night.
I have not sent in hunt deposits this soon but for one of our bear hunt up in Manitoba years ago, hope everything goes smooth.

grnhd

6 pointer
Dec 6, 2009
suwanee,ky
I was in a club near there, lots of specks but can be really hit or miss, especially if he's been hunting the same fields for ducks. Dry fields or water?

Reactions: Bee

Duster

12 pointer
Dec 14, 2001
I was in a club near there, lots of specks but can be really hit or miss, especially if he's been hunting the same fields for ducks. Dry fields or water?
All I know so far is he said water/rice field and new pit blind. Like a lot of other things in life you roll the dice and take your chances. Last conservation season hunt in Arkansas we were into geese the first day and half the second. After that for the next 1 1/2 days we never fired a shot due to the geese heading north on a 40 to 50 mph south wind and wanted nothing to do with us.

Rod S.

8 pointer
Oct 20, 2004
Pewee Valley, Ky.
Help me out here Duster as I am missing something. Cant find anything on a split season on specks. I have a opportunity to try a few days & don't want to mess up

grnhd

6 pointer
Dec 6, 2009
suwanee,ky
Help me out here Duster as I am missing something. Cant find anything on a split season on specks. I have a opportunity to try a few days & don't want to mess up
No split, Nov 11th - Feb 6th
The dates he posted are the first two days after duck season which you can only shoot geese.

hunt-4-life21

12 pointer
Sep 26, 2007
Butler Co.
LOL....I don't think I will say but there is one trust me and from what I have researched a darn good one at that. I will let you know when we get back.
????
I'm pretty sure Mayes just asked a question. And you give him an LOL? Seriously? Do you realize someone on this forum may of went with this guide and has feedback on them?

Duster

12 pointer
Dec 14, 2001
????
I'm pretty sure Mayes just asked a question. And you give him an LOL? Seriously? Do you realize someone on this forum may of went with this guide and has feedback on them?
I trust nobody after all the BS I have seen on here. If we do well I will give out the outfitters name, do not want anyone else to put money down and it not be worth it..think of us as guinea pig.

Latest posts